Operations Manager IV
305 DNA Way South San Francisco, CA 94080
Our client is a leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions. They are among the world' s leading biotech companies, with multiple products on the market and a promising development pipeline.
The purpose of the Speaker Bureau Services Bureau Manager role is to provide operational, logistical, and analytical support for speaker bureau operations across Commercial, assist with the development and implementation of standard operating procedures, manage logistics vendor, and provide support for the successful execution and tracking of promotional medical education programs. The Bureau Manager will provide business level guidance to support efficient operations of speaker bureau operations and adherence to compliance requirements. He/she will recommend best practices, implement standard processes, tools, and templates to help manage these programs more efficiently, effectively, and consistently across the Commercial group.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Ensure program deliverables are meeting timelines and budgets, and are executed with minimal disruption; accountable for overseeing the day-to-day execution, tactical plans, and overall program planning.
- Provide analytics and insights on effectiveness of Speaker Bureau activities to the brand marketing teams. Serves as an advisor for brand teams to enhance content and effectiveness of programs. Acts as subject matter expert for brand teams to implement programs and educate targeted physician population.
- Collaborate and communicate with internal partners, stakeholders, and external vendors to ensure the most cost-efficient and effective resources are deployed throughout the function and to avoid redundancies in work efforts.
- Develop and implement training for internal teams on speaker program processes, systems, templates and/or tools. Help to standardize logistical and administrative processes related to Speaker Bureau operations.
- Identify and share opportunities for continuous process improvement including summarizing and sharing participant feedback as directed. Develop and implement best practices, processes, templates and/or tools.
- Compliance - Promote and participate in an open dialogue on compliance topics and reinforce importance of adhering to compliance policies and guidance; hold self and others accountable for compliant behavior.
- Simplicity - Seek to improve the way things get done by making efficient and resource-conscious decisions. Work to make processes simpler and more effective.
- Customer Centricity - Work with the end-user in mind (i.e. patient, key stakeholder, or other party). Ensure that work is in support of creating value for the end-user.
- Technical & Business Expertise
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Achieving Results
- Decision Making
- Inspiring & Influencing
- Managing Change
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree, 5-7 years of relevant experience preferred
Required Skills & Experiences:
- Demonstrated ability to review content and material with critical attention to detail
- Ability to present to diverse stakeholders
- Vendor management - communicate, escalate, motivate across internal and external partners
- Demonstrated ability to manage and influence key stakeholders at the managerial level or higher
- Ability to communicate complex information to different audiences