Medical Science Liaison - LTC East
30 Enterprise Suite 400 Aliso Viejo, CA 92656
Our Client is seeking a (Senior) Medical Science Liaison to help provide unbiased scientific information to Key Medical Professionals and others that impact the care of patients. These key audiences will be in long-term care setting. Goals will be accomplished by the development and execution of a regional medical plan in concert with the overall medical strategy. This territory will be inclusive of the East Coast and Candidate should reside within the territory.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop and execute engagement plans to align education between LTC Chain Key Decision Makers, KOLs, GPOs and societies
- Advocate for disease awareness to address patients unmet medical need
- Identify, develop and maintain professional relationships with LTC Chain Key Decision Makers, KOLs, GPOs and societies to ensure communication of current and emerging medical and scientific information products, resulting in improvement of optimal patient care and outcomes.
- Facilitate and moderate scientific peer discussions including advisory panels, and education programs
- Arrange or conduct educational programs ensuring compliance with company policies
- Attend regional and national medical conferences to build advocacy for Avanir and our areas of focus
- Collect competitive intelligence and analyze data (symposia, abstracts, poster presentations, etc.);
- Other duties as assigned
- Advanced degree (M.D., PhD or PharmD.) required.
- Minimum 3 years or more in a field medical affairs role in biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry or minimum of 5 years in a clinical role supporting LTC facilities
- Neurology experience preferred; psychiatry or geriatric experience beneficial.
- Ability to understand and effectively communicate scientific / medical of drug products to the medical community.
- Excellent data analysis skills; strong understanding of clinical databases
- Ability to work under deadline in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of flexibility
- Excellent problem solving skills required
- Ability to effectively facilitate meetings and cross-functional teams
- Ability to work independently and function effectively as a team member
- Project management experience (timelines, documents, reporting) preferred
- Ability to travel at least 50%; attend regional and maintain relationships with key opinion leaders and scientific research.