Marketing Events Manager
555 Twin Dolphin Drive, Suite 350 Redwood City, CA 94065 | Contract
Our client develops, manufactures and supplies a wide array of innovative medical diagnostic products, services, tests, platforms and technologies.
- Own all operational aspects of events
- Must exercise flawless administrative judgment
- Develop, maintain and enforce comprehensive event operational standards, policies and procedures
- Act as a key advisor to other team members and internal stakeholder/teams to ensure optimal business outcomes are achieved
- Manage teams, suppliers and other contributors to exceptional levels of execution of all assigned deliverables and programs – on schedule and within budget
- Demonstrate success in managing and negotiating with third-party vendors.
- Strong project management skills are needed to manage both internal and external requirements. Has excellent customer service skills
- Work individually or with a team in recommending action, scheduling and planning projects, estimating costs and managing projects to completion
- Identify, evaluate and recommend marketing opportunities consistent with product line objectives
- Provide pre- and post-sale marketing support to sales representatives in the US and global markets
- Minimum of 4 years of industry related experience with event planning and tradeshow experience
- Bachelor's or higher degree. Degree in marketing, business, or science discipline preferred.
- Ability to think strategically, and ensure event activities support business goals.
- Team player that enjoys collaborating with internal, external partner teams, customers and vendor/consultants to drive business objectives in a nimble, progressive environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Consultative approach to questions, concerns and issues
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal and written) for the development of marketing strategies and tactics, product analysis and project management
- Microsoft Suite product expertise: PPT, Word, Excel, etc.
- May perform other related duties as required and/or assigned
- Percent of Travel: 25 - 40%