Manager - Operations - II (Legal Project Manager)
333 Lakeside Drive Foster City, CA 94404
Our client is an American biotechnology company that researches, develops and commercializes drugs.
The Project Manager will bring strong project management skills to manage various business and technical projects throughout the legal organization. This project manager will work cohesively with legal business stakeholders to effectively and meticulously guide projects through a standard project lifecycle while practicing core project management standards.
This project manager will manage projects related to legal document management, contracts management, vendor and ebilling management, and other operational projects that coincide with the internal legal business. They will interact with legal project stakeholders to ensure the continual delivery of project requirements, collateral, statuses, and other project-related materials and information.
- Planning and defining project scope.
- Effective activity planning and sequencing of project work streams
- Resource planning
- Development of project schedules and timelines
- Provide guidance on delivering project documentation
- Provide project risk assessment
- Manage project risks and issues
- Deliver project status reports to stakeholders
- Provide project leadership and guidance
- Partner with IT and Legal where required to deliver technical projects
- 5-8 years of work experience in corporate legal departments, law firms, and/or consultancy
- Strong experience in project management approaches and methodologies
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong execution skills and the ability to deliver to deadlines and budgets
- Experience in developing and delivering PowerPoint presentations
- Ability to comprehend and articulate complex ideas for both technical and business concepts
- Experience and familiarity with contemporary legal industry concepts around contracts management, financial management, and document management to name a few