Lab Operations Assistant
791 Lincoln Avenue San Rafael, CA 94901
Our client focuses on developing first-in-class and best-in-class therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases.
- We are seeking an organized, detail-oriented, problem-solving individual.
- The successful candidate will have strong attention to detail, great communication skills, ability to prioritize a variety of tasks, and the ability to work independently
- The Lab Operations Associate supports R&D scientists and research associates so they can keep developing our great products with speed, efficiency, and fun
- This position reports to the Associate Director of Research Lab Operations.
- Individuals applying for this position must be self-starters, strategic thinkers, action driven, flexible in changing direction and methods, thrive in a fast-paced environment, excel at managing multiple priorities, succeed in communicating with all levels within the organization and provide immediate contribution.
- Assist in maintaining Research laboratory equipment (including day to day user maintenance, calibration, and preventative maintenance), along with the laboratory manager and service vendors
- Assist with the installation of new lab equipment Lab Glassware washing and stocking Waste Management General Lab Stocking Autoclaving supplies and specialized tools
- Certification and calibration of various analytical equipment
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and coordinate the repair of lab equipment when necessary
- Provide inventory management, in coordination with supporting vendors, and internal customers
- Provide general lab support, straighten and maintain laboratories, maintain lab coat inventory Performs duties as assigned in conjunction with Laboratory Operations Manager
- Experience in a laboratory setting and understanding of laboratory environment
- Strong communication skills: listening, speaking, writing, and interacting
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills
- Attention to detail Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Must be flexible, forward-thinking, motivated, and have the ability to act independently
- Basic computer skills and proficiency with spreadsheets
- Experience driving tasks and meeting deadlines
- Demonstrated skill in troubleshooting and problem-solving
- Experience with biological instrumentation
- H.S. and 6+ related years experience or AA degree and 5+ years related experience or BA degree, 2 years of experience