International Product Manager
4300 Hacienda Drive Pleasanton, CA 94588 | Contract
Our client develops, manufactures and supplies a wide array of innovative medical diagnostic products, services, tests, platforms and technologies.
- Product Management
- Participates actively in project team meetings leading up to launch of a new platform and product
- Provides timely customer input to project team as needs or new questions arise
- Translates key product decisions into customer and business / financial impact, culminating in thoughtful recommendations to project team and senior leadership
- Synthesizes broad knowledge of both market and business operational factors to make effective decisions
- Collaboration with global affiliates
- Supervises the implementation of the global marketing strategy through the affiliate companies.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of product / project status and provides high level support and guidance to the affiliate companies on product issues.
- Lead communication on activities to affiliates.
- Market Analysis / Competitive intelligence
- Maintains up to date knowledge of the global market for the therapy area.
- Identifies competitor activities and develops action to address them.
- Defines, leads and oversees market research in alignment with strategic needs, including with external vendors.
- Sales Messaging & Tools
- Collaborates with medical and scientific affairs to translate clinical utility and key messaging in the market
- Oversees the development of marketing tools and globally organized marketing activities in support of the product.
- Leads printing and distribution of publications supporting the product key messages.
- Launch Planning & Implementation
- Manages branding and medical education agencies.
- Develops training materials to enable an educated and prepared sales force.
- Manages presence in major conferences and standalone meetings.
Ensures timely implementation of major studies and publications
- Manages international marketing budget
- Updates product sales forecasts and business model
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or science, required.
- Masters degree or MBA, preferred.
- Sales or marketing experience in the Microbiology segment OR functional experience within a Microbiology lab (lab technican, director, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience launching new products in a large matrixed organization
- Experience in product positioning messaging, and branding
- Has worked with external agencies to implement market research, manage branding, and develop medical education / training tools
- Has demonstrated experience of translating science into marketing messages
- Comfort with sales forecasting and development of business cases
- Ability to think strategically and be detail oriented at the same time