Income Tax Manager
2202 North Westshore Boulevard Tampa, FL 33607
Our client is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
- The tax reporting group is part of a world class tax department that provides global tax planning, transfer pricing, tax reporting, and tax audit defense for the Company.
- The tax reporting group works closely with Finance, Accounting, and Treasury employees to prepare financial statement tax provision and its U.S. federal and state income tax returns.
- The focus will be on the preparation of portions of the Company’ s worldwide tax provision and associated SEC filings.
- The position also plays a key role in the preparation of current year and extended tax rate forecasts.
- Assist with the review of the Company’ s U.S. federal tax returns and estimated payment calculations, Company’ s state tax returns, U.S. business license and annual report filings, and Federal and State Audit support, as needed. Third party service providers prepare the majority of Company’ s U.S. federal tax return, and will help facilitate the data collection process, resolve issues, and work on special compliance projects.
- Must be familiar with both the U.S. taxation of domestic and international transactions. This includes permanent and temporary differences, transfer pricing rules and the international aspects of the recently enacted U.S. tax reform provisions. The Company has a large international footprint and does business in over 75 countries. As a global biopharmaceutical company with over $20 billion in revenue, the Company’ s tax matters include high value intangibles, mergers and acquisitions, licensing transactions, complex manufacturing, financing transactions, and research and development activities.
Basic Qualifications must have:
- Bachelor’s degree and 4 years of accounting or finance experience
- 5+ years of Big 4 accounting firm or large multinational corporation experience
- Strong understanding of US federal and state tax laws and regulations
- Strong understanding of ASC 740, Income Taxes, and experience with uncertain tax position
- CPA license
- Extensive experience in federal income tax compliance including experience reviewing consolidated returns
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel, and familiarity with SAP
- Experience in Pharmaceutical / Biotech industry