Global Health Economics & Outcomes Research Scientist / Sr. Scientist
5655 Spalding Drive Norcross, GA 30092
Our client manufactures and markets robotic products designed to improve clinical outcomes of patients.
Primary function of position:
The Global Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR) Scientist / Sr. Scientist is responsible for developing evidence-based value strategy for post marketed products and/or pipeline assets, via scientific approaches to support global value and market access strategies for the Company’ s products in key markets and from different business units.
- Participate in the development of Global HEOR research strategies that support the value proposition for products in key clinical areas.
- Leads evidence creation through HEOR scientific studies, including large-scale real-world evidence (RWE) studies and health economic analysis.
- Implements HEOR studies from inception to completion, including preparing study protocols, statistical analysis plan (SAP), study reports, abstracts and manuscripts.
- Performs analyses of large healthcare databases (e.g., insurance claims, electronic medical records).
- Conducts health economic analysis, including but not limited to cost minimization analysis, cost effectiveness, cost utility analysis and budget impact model.
- Manages research projects internally and/or with external health economics vendors, including scientific guidance, contracting, and budgets. Coordinates product and project activities and assures the timelines and deliverables.
- Interacts with and presents to multiple departments within Intuitive including global market access, HTA, clinical affairs, market research, clinical and product marketing, and publication teams.
- Builds relationships with Key Opinion Leaders across stakeholder landscape: Physicians, Providers, Payers, Policy makers & Professional Societies to deliver and reinforce the value message of robotic-assisted surgery in key clinical areas.
- Delivers and presents research findings through congress abstracts and/or manuscripts where possible.
- Master’s degree in Health Economics, Epidemiology, Outcomes Research or Health Services Research.
- 2+ more years of experience in conducting RWE studies using large healthcare database and/or health economic modeling.
- Proficient in statistical programming using SAS, R, SQL, and other analytical tools.
- 2+ years of experience in managing research projects internally and/or with external vendors.
- Doctorate degrees in Health Economics, Epidemiology, Outcomes Research, or Health Services Research.
- 4+ more years of experience in conducting RWE studies using large healthcare database and/or health economic modeling.
- Record of publications in health economics, health services research, epidemiology or clinical journals.
- Experience of supporting global data, evidence, marketing, and market access needs.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment within a global matrix organization; working with various multi-disciplinary teams.