770 Lindaro St San Rafael, CA 94901 | Contract
Our client focuses on developing first-in-class and best-in-class therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases.
- Our client is a high-performing, team-based organization, where colleagues are flexible, multi-skilled and empowered to make decisions.
- A high level of initiative, energy and motivation are key role requirements, as well as excellent organizational skills.
- This position is responsible for the purchasing and planning of raw materials used in manufacturing in a GMP environment.
- It is expected this will be achieved through thorough and collaborative demand analysis, use of MRP, purchase order execution/management, development of strong cross-functional relationships, solid supplier relationship development, performance measurement and contracting with a focus on internal customer needs.
- This role will be responsible for maintaining the ongoing supply of all raw materials used in manufacturing our products in the 0 to 12-month horizon.
- This position may also have responsibility for purchasing of non-GMP related items and will involve working closely with Colleagues in Global Procurement where the 1 year to 5-year sourcing requirements of the business are the focus.
- The Buyer will also operate at a level in the organization which has a more visible impact in day to day operations.
- This position will interact with the following groups both in the US headquarters and at our Irish Facility: Manufacturing, Planning, Logistics, Purchasing, Finance, Process Development and MSAT.
- Understands the position of products in the marketplace (supply/demand trends, pricing, availability).
- Supports the identification and management of prospective suppliers Analysis of product life cycles.
- Identifies and secures utilisation/spend information from internal and external sources Conducts financial analysis not limited to the following:
- Opportunity/cost savings analyses
- Comparative analyses of bids
- Provides professional summaries and recommendations for purchasing decisions Skilful at using a variety of tools and source documents to strategize and develop meaningful information for management and internal customers.
- Successfully negotiates single transactions and longer-term commitments where required.
- Employs negotiating techniques that are appropriate for the product line and supplier.
- Identifies opportunities for savings resulting in lower costs and value-added concessions.
- Supports individual supplier performance with the aid of data and internal customer feedback Supports supplier - related customer complaints through to resolution.
- Analyses purchases and identifies opportunities for partnerships and consolidations Participates in, and is a contributor to the Supplier Certification/Qualification process when called upon.
Cross Functional Facilitation:
- Identifies issues/products/suppliers that impact multiple departments and solicits input to optimise the purchasing process and value to Aligns with Purchasing Group.
- Colleagues to ensure a collaborative approach to purchasing is achieved.
- Successfully establishes relationships with internal clients.
- Develops awareness of internal customer needs and appropriately responds to their requests Identifies and brings to management's attention customer service issues.
- Highly skilled at electronic spreadsheet analysis (Excel based).
- Develops and maintains a high level of proficiency on the internal procurement system and MRP (Oracle).
- Other duties as assigned including project and process improvement work.
- Preferred 5-10 years of GMP purchasing experience.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of purchasing experience.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite and Procurement Systems).
- Ability to work collaboratively and facilitate meetings.
- Strong customer service, communication, leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Experience in a Biotech/Pharmaceutical Research or Manufacturing environment a strong plus Oracle MRP / ERP experience is an advantage CPM or APICs certification a plus Tolling experience and facilitation of tolling transactions an advantage.
- Bachelor's degree in Business/Supply Chain/Science or similar Professional affiliations or memberships are an advantage