Functional Sourcing Manager
389 DNA Way South San Francisco, CA 94080
Our client is a leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions. They are among the world' s leading biotech companies, with multiple products on the market and a promising development pipeline.
- Evaluates functional project sourcing specific needs and how they can impact the current sourcing strategy(ies).
- Defines project/function- specific sourcing strategies with input from functional representatives, as appropriate.
- Leads the sourcing and contracting process, between the functions and potential vendors.
- Serves as primary contact to the PD functions for their sourcing requests.
- Provide outsourcing services in support of functional groups, to include the Request for Proposal (RFP) process, service provider identification, selection, bid presentation, bid analysis, contract development, change orders and issue management.
- Leads and conducts negotiations with vendors.
- Implements the procurement strategy and policies within functions.
- Ensures appropriate risk evaluation and mitigation while meeting business needs.
- Facilitates sourcing and contracting issue escalation and resolution.
- Guide stakeholders in identification and resolution of outsourcing issues.
- Ensure that agreements comply with all applicable procurement policies.
- Identify training needs related to service provider management and outsourcing process, including how to work most effectively with outsourcing service providers.
- Receive knowledge from Category Management on service provider services and capabilities and industry trends, and feedback to them.
- Participate in process improvement or other projects that enhance and streamline outsourcing and contracting processes, systems, tools and other resources
- Supports functions on sourcing and contracting on a daily basis.
- Draft service agreements, master agreements, CDAs/NDAs work orders, change orders, budgets, payment schedules, etc.
- Drive and negotiate savings when appropriate.
- Delivers trainings to teams or functions on sourcing and contracting processes.
- Ability to effectively draft contracts, negotiate business terms and financial costs.
- High degree of customer focus for both internal and external customers and proven ability to build and maintain effective internal and external relationships.
- General understanding of drug development process.
- Ability to work internationally and with multi-cultural teams. management
- Outstanding communication skills, written and verbal.
- Effective management of cross-functional teams and demonstrated ability to work within a matrix.
- Ability to work within a change management culture.
- Ability to facilitate conflict resolution.
- Ability to successfully function in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Scientific/Business Degree