Director IT, Commercial Business Applications & Relationship Management
30 Enterprise Suite 400 Aliso Viejo, CA 92656
Essential Job Functions:
- Accountable for overall health of the technology relationship between IT and its Commercial business partners, acting as a point of escalation as needed for technology related issues or concerns;
- Partners with key Commercial stakeholders (i.e., senior executives, department heads, business system owners) to establish and govern multi-year technology roadmaps that address operational capability gaps and align to business goals;
- Acts as the primary relationship owner with key Commercial stakeholders (i.e., senior executives, department heads, business system owners) regarding technology (i.e., business systems, desktop software, etc.) and technology related decisions (i.e., RFP creation, software selection, support, vendors, etc.);
- Partners closely with corporate PMO and Commercial business system owners to ensure that technology related projects and business systems are delivering agreed upon value;
- Primary point of contact, responsible for the effective management of technology vendors who provide systems or solutions to Commercial functions. Acts as the primary relationship owner and IT system owner with 3rd party technology vendors through the implementation and ongoing support of technology (i.e., business systems, desktop software, etc.);
- Establishes relationships with Compliance, Law and Quality functions to ensure adherence to appropriate industry regulations as it relates to the technology solutions in use within Commercial functions;
- Partners with other Commercial IT groups across affiliates to ensure successful alignment and enablement of overall IT objectives;
- Partners with the corporate PMO and key stakeholders (i.e., business system owners) to identify, prioritize and execute technology related projects for the Commercial organization;
- Responsible for health of the overall portfolio of Commercial technology related projects (as part of the overall project portfolio) aligned to the multi-year technology roadmap;
- Partners within IT to ensure effective implementation, compliance and support for technology, including information security, integration with other systems, data governance and technology architecture;
- Other projects or duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Engineering or related technical or business field
- Minimum of 15+ years of BRM experience, 8+ years of relevant IT experience, 5+ years in Commercial IT with Pharmaceutical companies and 8+ years of management experience
- Proven track record as a relationship manager/consultant within a global organization, including experience in strategic planning, roadmap creation, financial planning/budgeting, technical leadership, customer engagement, change management and communications planning. This also includes leading the selection, deployment and adoption of new technologies.
- Experience managing a portfolio of technology projects and services across multiple business functions in areas such as master data management, data analytics, customer relationship management, multi-channel marketing, social media, brand marketing, and sales operations.
- Technology vendor management experience, including vendor qualification and selection methodologies, contracting, and performance management.
- Ability to build strong working relationships across all levels throughout a global organization.
- Conceptual and analytical thinker; able to understand, analyze, and synthesize complex business and technology issues and strategies.
- Excellent oral and written communication, enabling the business functions and senior management to clearly understand how technology solutions will deliver expected benefits
- Experience with Veeva, Salesforce.com, Axtria or similar technology platforms is highly preferred.
- Experience with data management and analytics platforms, tools and technologies is highly preferred.
- Core competencies for this role include:
- Adapt to Change – demonstrate Organizational Awareness, Self-Awareness, Proactivity and Learning Agility
- Work Collaboratively – embody Teamwork, Influence without authority, and demonstrate Technical Expertise
- Apply Judgment – effectively leverage Prioritization, Problem Solving and Decision Making skills to achieve superior results