Dir/Sen Dir Commercial Ops
341 Oyster Point Blvd South San Francisco, CA 94080 | Direct Hire
Director/Senior Director Commercial Operations ( Pharma/Life Science Experience Necessary)
Established Diagnositics, Life Science Company is looking for an experienced Commercial Operations Lead. If you have great strategical and tactical experience in volume/revenue forecasting and sales incentive compensation analysis AND can lead your team towards success, contact us ASAP!
The position is responsible for a broad range of processes and analytics that ensure the Commercial organization is optimally positioned for the success of the company. This will entail the applied analytical processes of sales incentive compensation and volume/revenue forecasting, which are core functions for the Commercial department as well as the overall company. The position will be seen as a representative of the quantitative aspects of the business, with understanding of lead and lag indicators of growth and the role and influence of the many dimensions that can affect our volume/revenue. Further, the partnership with Commercial puts the position into a primary role regarding strategic development for the department.
Primary activities include, but are not limited to, the following:
o Collect relevant quantitative and qualitative metrics that may provide predictive behavior of current and future products.
o Design and construct one or more models that take into account all variables that will influence the future potential of Company' s products and services.
o Collaborate with multiple internal departments in understanding all future events as they may pertain to influencing the business.
o Collaborate with Commercial strategy team in assessment of recent metrics and the implications on either a new or existing forecast.
o Collaborate with Finance and Billing to understand dynamics of cash flow and its impact on the revenue forecast.
• Sales Strategy: Develop and implement short and long term strategy on sizing, function and allocation.
o Work collaboratively with Company' s’ s software group to set up needed data marts.
o Determine Key Analytics and design executive-level dashboards of KPIs.
o Provide regular and ad hoc analyses to key Company' s personnel on a timely basis.
o Provide interpretation and develop/implement specific actions based on that interpretation.
o Review analytical engines for applicability to Company' s needs and implement where necessary.
o Manage all aspects of field-facing reports, including optimization of current reports and creation of new ones to meet the needs of the sales organization.
Sales Incentive Compensation
o Collect needs of Company' s relative to sales and commercial strategies.
o Prepare compensation plan in conjunction with Commercial leadership.
o Work with outside vendors to assess, deliver, and execute the IC plan.
o Collaborate with sales management to establish goals or metrics of measurement.
o Assess outcomes with senior management to gain approval for payout.
o Work with Human Resources and Finance to ensure payments and goals are made on a timely basis.
o Gain approval of all levels of senior management for new outcomes of forecast.
o Consider needs of Company regarding novel external information that would affect the efficiency or effectiveness of the Commercial organization.
o Evaluate outside vendors and, where reasonable, negotiate toward the acquisition of information.
o Work with Company' s management toward approval for acquisition and implementation consistent with their needs.
• Promotional Effectiveness: Using available information, reach conclusions on the viability of the multiple promotional events upon the Rheumatology audience.
o Assess current processes for efficiency, economy and accuracy.
o Where necessary, design and implement new processes with the collaboration of Commercial management along with other departments.
• Minimum 7 years in Commercial Operations the health care arena of bio-pharma, molecular and/or blood test diagnostic.
• Specific experience in clinical diagnostics and/or rheumatology preferred.
• Demonstrated experience developing and implementing complex forecasts for new and existing products.
• Demonstrated experience creating and implementing sales incentive plans integrating input from multiple departments with the long term company objectives.
• Demonstrated experience in evaluation, development and implementation of multiple commercial operations (i.e., Speaker bureau, Sales Policy, CRM)
• Documented successful track record in sales; and history of being a top-level performer in prior roles
• Experience in developing sales strategies from available analytics and knowledge of the commercial environment.
• Proven analytic aptitude in creation of multiple reports/analyses designed to inform users of key metrics with the intent of potentially altering their activity. Experience in marketing research and participation in Commercial Strategy.
• Proven experience in successful product launches or participation in the building of a small company.
• Preferred experience in sales and/or sales management roles within the health care environment.
• Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to manage ever-increasing responsibility and sustain growth
• Expert skills in using analytical and business planning software including Excel, one or more business intelligence tools (Tableau preferred), and PowerPoint.
• Minimum BS/BA degree; MBA (preferred).
• Highly effective at overcoming obstacles – tenacious and resilient. Proven ability to operate in a highly dynamic and fast-paced environment.
• Documented team leader and player – highly effective in working with others and supporting the needs of others in the team.
• Managerial experience in developing and implementing staffing for the successful outcome of the department.
• Recognized by others, internally and externally, for strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
• Highly creative at identifying new and different ways to develop clients solutions.