1 DNA Way South San Francisco, CA 94080 | Contract
Our client is a leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions. They are among the world' s leading biotech companies, with multiple products on the market and a promising development pipeline.
- Development Sciences Informatics is seeking a talented Informatics Project Coordinator (contract position) to lend their organizational skills to supporting scientific data management projects and team operations.
- Interest in project management and scientific data management is desired.
- DevSci supports drug discovery and development projects across all therapeutic areas from discovery to launch and beyond.
- We are poised at a unique time when large volumes of complex and varied internal and external data needs to be readily accessible to ensure that swift interpretation and decision making can occur.
- These data impact decisions in ongoing preclinical and clinical programs, and provide key knowledge to inform new target discovery.
- DevSci Informatics is accountable for leading the strategy and execution around data lifecycle management, data standards, analytics infrastructure, ongoing data operations and informatics systems.
- Operational support for informatics projects and informatics team meetings including scheduling and note-taking.
- This person will coordinate meetings and under some guidance, assist with software project documentation like workflow diagrams, timelines and training guides.
- Learn the foundations of Agile methodologies in the context of software development: contribute in working sessions to document use case stories or assist with grooming the backlog during meetings.
- Over the long term, as team develops new software solutions, this role has the potential to be involved in more end-user interactions to collect enhancement requests, change requests, or to make bug reports.
- Communicate effectively with project team and end users (internal scientists).
- Manage calendars if needed.
- Proactive, self-motivated, flexible, and team-oriented.
- Takes initiative to continuously improve work processes.
- Able to manage conflicting and changing priorities.
- Perform well in a collaborative team environment with minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Attention to detail, especially in documentation.
- Ability to type notes quickly and clearly on the fly.
- Experience with or ability to learn software tools like Atlassian JIRA and Confluence, Google DRIVE and Google suite of tools.
- Potential to learn new software in depth.
- Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of relevant experience.
- Degree in a scientific discipline preferred.
- Scientific background or experience in Biotech/Pharmaceutical R&D desired.