770 Lindaro St San Rafael, CA 94901
Our client focuses on developing first-in-class and best-in-class therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases.
Duties: This role will support the company' s Legal Department and business partners by drafting, negotiating and tracking high volume of contracts. Duties include:
Research prior contracting relationship with contracting parties; Draft, primarily from templates, multiple contract types including but not limited to Non-Disclosure Agreements, Master Service Agreements, Scopes of Work, Change Orders, Amendments, Speaker Agreements, Advisor Agreements, Material Transfer Agreements, Sponsored Research Agreements, and Clinical Trial Agreements; Utilize playbooks to negotiate contracts;
- Monitor and track a large volume of contracts from draft to final signatures using Ariba, the company' s contract lifecycle management system; Maintain and update the company' s contract management system for each assigned contract; Ensure company-wide compliance the company' s contracting policy; Act as liaison between the company and contracting party legal departments; and facilitate contract execution.
- Interface with other functional areas within the company regarding contract needs, obligations, and revisions.
- Coordinate work flow between the Legal Department and other departments
- Exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Drive Legal Department initiatives, including promotion and training of self-authoring program.
- Provide backup support to other Contracts Associates in the department.
- Strong proofreading and editing skills required.
- Strong computer skills in database management and document preparation (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) required.
- Excellent organization and time-management skills required. Must be able to manage heavy workload and aggressive timelines in a timely manner, prioritize, and work under pressure.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required. Must be able to communicate effectively with outside vendors/partners and serve as a liaison among outside counsel, in-house attorneys and employees, and proactively communicate regarding relevant issues and deadlines.
- Experience in contracts administration or other relevant experience strongly preferred.
- Experience at a large law firm or within an in-house legal department of a public company a plus.
- Experience within biotech/pharma/medical device industry or other contract-intensive fields a plus.
- Familiarity with Ariba contract management system a plus.
- Must be detail-oriented, self-motivated, a quick learner, and have a strong work ethic.