Contract Manager II
1 DNA Way South San Francisco, CA 94080
Our client is a leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions. They are among the world' s leading biotech companies, with multiple products on the market and a promising development pipeline.
- Participates in, or otherwise supports, development, implementation and ongoing maintenance of Contract Operations SOPs, systems, processes, data, reporting templates and the like
- As assigned by project leads, may participate in and/or otherwise support other special projects
- As assigned, may perform some or all of the following: Enters contract information into departmental systems and databases Process and analyze chargeback information Performs contract set-up and maintenance. Includes and assigning customers to appropriate contract groupings and class of trade (membership and affiliations), coordinating and managing contract term reviews Uses relevant contract terms, conditions and other regulations, policies, etc. as well as appropriate systems and tools to evaluate, calculate, validate and process customer payment
- Prepares, obtains approval for and ultimately publishes departmental scorecard reports, customer business review reports, various compliance and other ad hoc reports
- Performs ongoing membership and affiliate maintenance
- May include updating membership/affiliation on an exception basis in accordance with business rules
- Responds to questions/inquiries; may include policies, pricing, payment calculations, contract performance, compliance, etc.
- Interacts with contract customers to share and request information related to contract terms, contract data files, etc.
- Helps successfully resolve issues related to contract membership, affiliation and/or customer payments
- Supports internal and external audits Complies with all laws, regulations and policies that govern the conduct of activities
- 1 or more years' previous contract operations experience in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology or related industry is preferred
- Demonstrable knowledge of, or aptitude to learn, current policies and guidelines that affect contracts, pricing, rebates etc. in the managed care environment, including government contracts
- Demonstrable knowledge of, or aptitude to learn, systems and reporting mechanisms that support contract operations particular to the pharmaceutical/biotechnology or related industry
- Must demonstrate a high level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word Previous experience in other functions within the pharmaceutical, biotechnology or related industry is a plus, e.g., product marketing, managed care marketing, field sales, field account management, market planning, strategic planning, market research, market or sales analytics, customer finance, legal, customer service & operations, etc.
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding objectives and goals
- Some previous work experience in contract operations or financial analysis
- Bachelors Degree (general business or finance disciplines are preferred)