Contract Associate IV
1 DNA Way South San Francisco, CA 94080
Our client is a leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions. They are among the world' s leading biotech companies, with multiple products on the market and a promising development pipeline.
The general purpose of the Sr. Contract Associate Specialist role is to assess, analyze, draft, review, negotiate and finalize vendor contracts for Development Sciences so that such departments and their respective representatives may procure services efficiently and effectively and in compliance with all laws, regulations and policies that govern the conduct of Genentech activities. Work is performed independently, with general instructions on new assignments.
The responsibilities for Sr. Contract Associate Specialist include:
- Conduct compliant, thorough and appropriate assessment, analysis, drafting, review, negotiation and issuance of moderate to complex contractual documents.
- Negotiate the best contract terms possible for Genentech, taking into consideration risk exposure and risk tolerance by the requesting department.
- Advise and influence stakeholders and DevSci leadership on contractual and business terms, and process efficiencies.
- Proactively lead process improvements or other projects that enhance and streamline processes, systems, tools and other resources.
- Work collaboratively, effectively and efficiently with all internal and external partners and stakeholders.
- Act as a resource within the group, train other Contract Professionals on group/departmental processes and operational activities, and customer specific processes.
- Deliver effective presentations to stakeholder groups and DevSci leadership that build understanding of contract purpose and process in addition to providing information on areas of concern and/or needed attention.
- Manage special projects as necessary, independently determining methods and procedures on new assignments.
- Maintain records of executed contracts and respond to audit requests.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS/BA in Legal or related discipline, or equivalent education plus experience.
- Minimum 8 years contract management and/or comparable role.
- Strong contract drafting and negotiation skills.
- Ability to manage ever-changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High degree of customer focus and proven ability to build and maintain effective internal and external partnerships.
- Team player with demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build effective working relationships throughout all levels of the organization.