Contract Associate III
1 DNA Way South San Francisco, CA 94080 | Contract
Our client is a leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions. They are among the world' s leading biotech companies, with multiple products on the market and a promising development pipeline.
- Ensuring a high level of customer service and partnership with both internal and external clients.
- Will work with other members of the appropriate groups and departments to efficiently complete work.
- Conducts various analyses and modeling of appropriate contract terms and reviews with key internal partners/stakeholders.
- Obtains all appropriate and required internal reviews and approvals for contract terms and provisions.
- Responds to various partner/stakeholder questions, inquiries, requests for clarification, etc. regarding contracts and terms/conditions or other items.
- Ensures execution of approved and finalized customer contracts; including timely and accurate hand-off to other internal partners/stakeholders.
- Monitors existing customer contracts using approved performance methodologies, tools, etc.; includes identifying and recommending opportunities for improvement.
- Helps garner maximum return on investment and customer satisfaction from all contract responsibilities.
- Ensures all contract data and information is appropriately entered into relevant systems/databases.
- Complies with all laws, regulations and policies that govern the conduct of GNE activities.
- Impeccable ethics and integrity
- Ability, comfort & commitment in/to operating in a highly regulated environment and industry, which requires understanding of the imperative for compliance with company policies, procedures and other relevant internal or external laws, regulations and the like Outstanding communication skills, both written & verbal
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities & skills
- Strong financial & business acumen sufficient for analysis, modeling and tracking of quantitative and qualitative business data and metrics; to include the ability to extrapolate meaning from such analyses, modeling and tracking
- Strong attention-to-detail Strong time management, prioritization & organizational skills
- Demonstrable orientation toward process development & management
- Willingness to partner with others and a proven track record of collaborative work relationships Can influence others without authority
- Outstanding negotiation skills
- Demonstrable orientation to teamwork and customer service
- Demonstrated interest & ability to assist in the development of other team members
- A history of success and learning from failures to garner future success
- 2 or more years' previous contract development or related experience
- 2 of more years' previous financial analysis or related experience
- Previous contract development or related experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech or related industry is strongly preferred
- Demonstrable knowledge of current policies and guidelines that affect contracts, pricing, rebates etc. in the managed care environment
- Must demonstrate a high level of proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Previous experience in other functions within the pharmaceutical, biotech or related industry is a plus, e.g., product marketing, managed care marketing, field sales, field account management, market planning, strategic planning, market research, market or sales analytics, customer finance, legal, customer service & operations, etc.
- College degree required