Communication Specialist IV
1 DNA Way South San Francisco, CA 94080 | Contract
Our client is a leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions. They are among the world' s leading biotech companies, with multiple products on the market and a promising development pipeline.
- The Communication & Engagement team designs and manages internal communications for the US Commercial, Medical Affairs and Government Affairs (CMG) organization in order to inform, inspire and engage employees.
- We are currently looking for an experienced executive and internal communications professional who is passionate about shaping employee communications & experience.
- The right individual will be able to strategize, counsel and synthesize one minute and execute the next.
- Lead the communications strategy, and associated implementation, for initiatives and/or specific groups from beginning to end.
- Create high quality, compelling communications for a variety of internal channels (email, executive communications, presentations, speaker materials, live events, videos, websites, social media, etc).
- Support development of internal messaging and framework that enables effective cross-team communication and alignment.
- Track effectiveness of communication campaigns and manage feedback channels, using associated information to make recommendations in order to improve our strategies.
- Act as a trusted advisor and develop strong relationships with internal clients and colleagues at all levels.
Qualifications and Experience:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience (general business, public relations, marketing and/or communications disciplines are preferred) MBA or other related graduate-level degree is preferred.
- + 8 years of relevant experience in writing, communications.
- + 5 years of relevant experience with change management (i.e. developing communications strategies and plans around changes that affect people, process and/or technology).
- Biotech or pharma experience is highly desirable OR Knowledge of healthcare industry and the ability to bring this knowledge to bear when advising stakeholders and partners on communications strategies, plans, objectives, tactics, implications and impact.
- Previous corporate communications experience required and marketing experience is preferred.
- Experience creating strategic communications plans particularly during times of changes including executive communications, employee engagement at a great place to work.
- Creative problem-solver, with the ability to think, plan, and execute on multiple projects autonomously and in an organized fashion, balancing the long-term and urgent needs of the team.
- Demonstrated ability to work calmly and collaboratively in fast-paced and ambiguous environments, maintaining good judgment and the ability to escalate appropriately.
- Ability to manage a complex set of stakeholders.
- Strong creative ability, outstanding story-telling and business writing skills, and excellent editorial judgment.
- Business travel, by air or car, is required for regular internal and external business meetings