Biosample Operations Lab Technician I
1 DNA Way South San Francisco, CA 94080
Our client is a leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions. They are among the world' s leading biotech companies, with multiple products on the market and a promising development pipeline.
- The Biosample Lab Asociate (BLA) is responsible for performing activities and processes related to sample processing, tracking, inventory, storage, and transport of biological samples for clinical and non-clinical trials.
- The BLA works under supervision and guidance of the Lab Head and/or
- Biosample Operations Lab Supervisor Head to ensure that lab activities fulfill customer needs and is responsible for achieving operational excellence in quality, service level, cost and compliance.
- Performs manual and/or automated sample processing for serum/plasma/urine/DNA/RNA aliquoting Performs DNA/RNA isolation from various clinical sample types (Blood, Tissues, WBCs, plasma, saliva, urine) on a routine basis, according to timelines set by the Supervisor
- Performs in-process QC methods to assess quality of samples
- Maintains detailed laboratory records of samples QC steps and related quality data
- Supports the evaluation of novel technologies and techniques for their suitability for analysing clinical samples
- Supports method development, qualification, and implementation of laboratory instruments Supports laboratory process optimization and validation
- Support experiments that address critical findings from analytical data anomalies that are potentially sample-related; participates in interpretation of results and authorship of final reports
- Receives study samples via the receiving dept. and/or couriers into BRM Operations, including unpacking and checking of received samples.
- Performs inventory of inbound shipments, logs samples into sample management databases and manages sample discrepancies as necessary, with support from BRM Project Support.
- Ensures that samples are managed and stored according to protocol requirements and BRM Operations best practices.
- Sets-up and prepares outbound shipping requests and related documents within agreed timelines, packs samples for dispatch according to the applicable transport regulations.
- Organizes and tracks sample shipments to internal and external analytical laboratories, arranges for appropriate transport, liaises with Couriers or local shipping department, as appropriate.
- Destroys samples in accordance with applicable guidelines on request.
- Demonstrated experience working in a laboratory managing clinical or non-clinical samples Demonstrated experience in molecular techniques including DNA/RNA extraction, Picogreen & Ribogreen quantitation, PCR, RT-PCR
- Experience in utilizing a variety of analytical platforms and instrumentation Proficiency with PC computer systems, including email and calendar applications and MS Office.
- Good organizational, multitasking, and prioritization skills.
- Good written and oral communication skills Requires attention to detail, and accuracy in data entry, while maintaining study timelines.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills, paired with partnering and performance skills.
- Team player with demonstrated good interpersonal skills and an ability to build effective working relationships within functional area.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and to tight timelines Customer orientated mind-set Good level of initiative and the ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Experience with Micro Array, NGS and WGS Working knowledge of laboratory functions (ex. LIS, LIMS, Quality, etc.) Computer skills in laboratory informatics systems and data processing Experience working in multi-cultural teams
- Minimum: BS Degree in science and 3 years of lab experience handling biological samples and experience in Molecular Biology techniques.
- Preferred: MS with 3 years of hands-on experience handling biological samples and Molecular Biology techniques in a Pharma/Biotechnology or academic labs