475 East Grand Avenue South San Francisco, CA 94080
Our client is a leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions. They are among the world' s leading biotech companies, with multiple products on the market and a promising development pipeline.
- The candidate will perform data management and curation tasks to support biomarker discovery and companion diagnostic development efforts in the Oncology Biomarker Development department. In the process of performing this work, the candidate will communicate extensively with scientists, research associates, operations managers, clinical data managers, analysts and vendor representatives.
Duties could include:
- Working with biosample operations managers and biometrics colleagues to draft data transfer specifications and statements of work.
- Acquiring and QC’ ing biomarker data files from internal groups and external vendors.
- Capturing data in internal file systems and databases.
- Monitoring data processing requests and submitting data files to analysis pipelines
- Merging different data biomarker types with clinical data to generate analysis-ready data sets
- Curating and cataloguing biomarker data sets, maintaining listings of available data, and distributing to collaborators
- Maintaining and curating content of internal knowledge sharing repositories
- Familiarity working in a Linux computing environment
- Proficiency in a scripting language such as Perl or Python
- Experience managing and curating biological or clinical data
- Careful, detail-oriented working style
- Outstanding communication, collaboration, and problem solving skills
Experience with the following is desired:
- Relational databases and SQL
- Statistical software packages such as R or SAS
- Clinical trial data management
- Working with genomics datasets
- Setting up and maintaining online content management systems or wikis
- Master's degree in bioinformatics, biostatistics, statistics; or bachelor's degree in a life science or statistical field with at least three years of experience working in a quantitative biosciences position