Bioinformatics Associate II
1 DNA Way South San Francisco, CA 94080 | Contract
Our client is a leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions. They are among the world' s leading biotech companies, with multiple products on the market and a promising development pipeline.
- The primary focus of this contractor position will be on the analysis and interpretation of high-throughput genomic and other molecular data, to further our understanding of the components of signaling pathways that often go awry in disease, such as cell death and inflammation.
- Analysis and integration of data generated by high-throughput molecular assays such as RNA-seq, whole-exome seq, whole-genome seq, ChIP-seq, ATAC-seq, single-cell transcriptomics, etc in support of research programs.
- Interpretation and refinement of results in the context of biological problems, in close collaboration with interdisciplinary team of computational and molecular scientists.
- Extension of computational infrastructure to new analysis, visualization needs, and new experimental technologies.
- Strong software engineering skills and Unix/Linux proficiency
- High level of proficiency with R programming language and/or other scripting languages (Python, perl, etc.)
- Good data science practice, and understanding of data complexity
- Experience in NGS data analysis (e.g. WES, expression data, ChIP) and familiarity with NGS technologies and platforms
- Experience with Bioconductor packages for genomic bioinformatics
- Master's degree in bioinformatics, biostatistics, computational biology, or similar; or bachelor's degree in a life science or statistical field with at least three years of experience working in a quantitative biosciences position