Bioinformatics Associate I
1 DNA Way South San Francisco, CA 94080
Our client is a leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions. They are among the world' s leading biotech companies, with multiple products on the market and a promising development pipeline.
- The hire will be a multi-skilled bioinformatician/software developer who is tasked to develop interactive and responsive tools for the antibody discovery and engineering processes in the department.
- These tools would encompass the area of data curation, data management, sequence/data analysis, and data visualizations.
- The candidate will work closely with bench scientists and computational teams to deliver the software tools.
The hire’ s duties could include:
- Help manage bioinformatics and software needs
- Develop software that supports the organization, analysis, and visualization of internal datasets
- Develop and maintain a relational database repository to organize internal knowledge of therapeutic candidates
- Assist in running routine computational workflows
- Communicate results and software products to internal stakeholders
- Familiarity working in Linux computing environment
- Proficiency in a scripting language such as R or Python
- Experience with software development and good coding practices
- Experience with relational database
- Demonstrated experience with UX/UI design and web frameworks
- Collaborative in team environment
- Effective in communications
- Proficiency in C/C++
- Familiarity with various statistical modules and tools
- Experience with Visual Basic and .NET framework
- Experience in scripting for automated liquid handlers such as Tecan, Hamilton, and Bravo
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Data Science, or related disciplines
- A background in antibody or immune repertoire analysis would be desirable