One Amgen Center Drive Thousand Oaks, CA 91320 | Contract
This person will be responsible for providing support to the Process Analytics group, a unit in Process Development. Support will include organizing and interpreting lab data, analyzing results using statistical techniques. The responsibilities also include performing laboratory experiments including unit operations set up, calibration of various lab tools, sampling and data acquisition from primary or secondary data sources with minimal supervision.
• Bachelor’ s degree
• Associate’ s degree & 4 years of directly related experience
• High school diploma / GED & 6 years of directly related experience
• B.Sc., in Chemical, Biochemical Engineering or Life Sciences, preferably with expertise in bio/pharmaceutical processes.
• Practical experience and interest in multivariate data analysis and predictive modeling.
• Experience working with large data sets, data mining and machine learning tools.
• Experience in Matlab or R Programming Languages and basic Microsoft tools.
• Understanding of biopharmaceuticals process, related unit operations including analytical methods and process controls.
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
• Independent, self-motivated, organized, able to multi-task in project environments, and skilled in communication, facilitation, and collaboration.
• Team player, prepared to work in and embrace a team-based culture that relies on collaboration for effective decision-making
• Solid leadership, technical writing, and communication/presentation skills.
Data analysis and statistical skills Laboratory experience with fermentation and/or cell culture process equipment Experience with one of the following software languages: Matlab, R, C++