60 Binney St, Cambridge, MA 02142
Our client is a clinical-stage company committed to developing potentially transformative gene therapies.
About the position:
- Support the development of analytical assays for molecular characterization of lentiviral vectors, mRNA, plasmids, and residual impurity analysis.
- Rapidly learn and implement new laboratory techniques and equipment.
- Perform general laboratory tasks including ordering, reagent preparation, and equipment maintenance.
- Generate, manage, evaluate, and maintain critical data in a highly organized manner including lab notebook maintenance with good documentation practices.
- Support assay qualification activities, as needed.
- BS/MS in molecular biology, biochemistry, or related biological sciences with 2+ years of relevant experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry.
- Hands-on experience with molecular biology techniques including nucleic acid extraction, DNA/RNA quantification assays, gel electrophoresis, PCR (including qPCR/ddPCR), and capillary gel electrophoresis is required.
- Hands-on experience in aseptic technique, primary mammalian cell culture, and flow cytometry is strongly preferred.
- Experience qualifying assays and an understanding of ICH guidelines is a plus.
- Experience working with lentiviral vectors or viral vaccines is a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Must be able to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Track record of completing deliverables within specified timelines.
- Superb oral and written communication skills with a “do-what-it-takes” attitude.
- Independently motivated, detail oriented, and good problem-solving ability.