Associate Sales Training Director
5750 Fleet Street Suite 200 Carlsbad, CA 92008
About the role:
Responsible for assisting with the development, deployment, and management of all sales training initiatives within the sales organization.
- Leads the execution of all aspects of new hire field sales training such as: maintaining and executing New Hire Training on-boarding processes for field sales:
- Develops and updates all New Hire Training workshop content and structure as necessary;
- Schedules and delivers all New Hire Training Workshops including primary facilitation duties;
- Coaches and evaluates new Neurology Account Managers including providing written feedback on training performance.
- Manages the Certified Region Trainer program.
- Manages the deployment and ongoing administration of sales training programs on the LMS (Learning Management System).
- Works in the field with Neurology Account Managers as requested, supplementing technical coaching provided by Regional Sales Managers.
- Manages the training of the field sales team on sales-related tools (i.e. Veeva, Concur, etc.).
- Manages the preparation and procedure involved with the approval of training materials and resources through legal and medical review committee process including regularly attending committee meetings.
- Assists with coordination and training of commercial field employees in classroom and conference call settings including the facilitation of “ train-the-trainer” sessions at management meetings.
- Assists with the development of assigned training modules for commercial field employees.
- Assists with the analysis of sales training needs and the development of training materials that enhance the learning process including study guides, home study materials, assessments, FAQ’ s, competitive overviews, etc.
- With input from Sales and Marketing, ensures continuity of messaging and desired skills to support marketing communications.
- Identifies, evaluates, and coordinates with outside vendors maintaining strong communication and effective relationships as necessary.
- Fields questions and offers support to the sales team as needed.
- Facilitates and/or delivers informal/formal presentations to senior management, sales organization and other internal functions as necessary.
- Incorporates all appropriate regulatory and legal compliance requirements into appropriate training programs.
- Understands and incorporates adult learning principles with all training programs.
- Serves as interim Regional Sales Manager as needed with vacancies or leaves of absence.
- Conducts regular co-travels with field sales (15% of responsibilities)
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’ s degree from an accredited institution required. Advanced business or life sciences degree is preferred.
- 8 years of pharmaceutical or diagnostic sales experience required, at least 5 years combined experience of sales training and sales management, including 2 years’ corporate based sales training responsibilities and prior experience leading sales trainings. Also requires prior leadership experience.
- Prior pharmaceutical sales experience required.
- Prior first-line pharmaceutical/biotech sales management experience required.
- Prior experience managing vendors and negotiating contracts required.
- Prior experience working with HUB and specialty pharmacy distribution models.
- Experience with company and product launches preferred.
- Long-Term Care and Account Management experience is highly desired.
- Ability to effectively evaluate demonstration of performance both verbally and in written format.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal/written communication and dynamic group presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as an individual contributor and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated leadership and teaching / facilitation ability.
- Proven ability in creating effective sales training materials.
- Proven application of adult leaning principles.
- Highly organized, takes initiative, and self-motivated.
- Professionalism, integrity, and the ability to comply to strict policy, work in a highly regulated environment, and maintain confidential information and data.
- Ability to influence others in sensitive situations, without damage to the relationship to meet business objectives.
- Skilled at creating a team environment that supports a common vision.
- Proficient at effectively prioritizing goals, assessing team capability, and coordinating resources to achieve those goals.
- Ability to travel by car or airplane independently up to 40% of the time and work after hours if required by travel schedule or business needs.
- Must be proficient with word processing (Word), spreadsheets (Excel) and presentations (PowerPoint).