Associate Contract Manager I
310 DNA Way South San Francisco, CA 94080
Our client is a leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions. They are among the world' s leading biotech companies, with multiple products on the market and a promising development pipeline.
- Participates in, or otherwise supports, development, implementation and ongoing maintenance of Contract Operations SOPs, systems, processes, data, reporting templates and the like
- As assigned by project leads, may participate in and/or otherwise support other special projects
- Enters contract information into departmental systems and databases
- Performs contract set-up and maintenance
- Includes and assigning customers to appropriate contract groupings and class of trade (membership and affiliations), coordinating and managing contract term reviews
- Uses relevant contract terms, conditions and other regulations, policies, etc. as well as appropriate systems and tools to evaluate, calculate, validate and process customer payment
- Prepares, obtains approval for and ultimately publishes departmental scorecard reports, customer business review reports, various compliance and other ad hoc reports
- Performs ongoing membership and affiliate maintenance
- May include updating membership/affiliation on an exception basis in accordance with business rules
- Responds to questions/inquiries; may include policies, pricing, payment calculations, contract performance, compliance, etc.
- Interacts with contract customers to share and request information related to contract terms, contract data files, etc.
- Helps successfully resolve issues related to contract membership, affiliation and/or customer payments
- Supports internal and external audits
- Complies with all laws, regulations and policies that govern the conduct of Sponsor activities
- 1 or more years' previous contract operations experience in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology or related industry is preferred
- Demonstrable knowledge of, or aptitude to learn, current policies and guidelines that affect contracts, pricing, rebates etc. in the managed care environment, including government contracts
- Demonstrable knowledge of, or aptitude to learn, systems and reporting mechanisms that support contract operations particular to the pharmaceutical/biotechnology or related industry
- Must demonstrate a high level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Previous experience in other functions within the pharmaceutical, biotechnology or related industry is a plus, e.g., product marketing, managed care marketing, field sales, field account management, market planning, strategic planning, market research, market or sales analytics, customer finance, legal, customer service & operations, etc.
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding objectives and goals
- Some previous work experience in contract operations or financial analysis
- Bachelor's Degree (general business or finance disciplines are preferred)