Assoc Dir of Facilities
30 Enterprise Suite 400 Aliso Viejo, CA 92656
The Associate Director, Facilities is responsible for all aspects of the day-to-day operations of our facility, the supporting staff and initiatives. As we mature our organization, one of the key responsibilities of this role will be developing and formalizing our Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S) strategy, program, governance process and road map as well as the implementation and continuous execution of the EH&S roadmap. Equally as important, this role will define and implement our overall Facilities strategy and roadmap, including leading and managing our headquarters evolution, actively planning space within the current facility and leading the analysis and execution of any future moves.
In addition, the Associate Director, Facilities will be focused on continuously improving and evolving our workplace environment, services and assets aligned to Company’ s Mission, Vision, Values and Culture to strengthen employee engagement, enablement and deliver strong results.
The Associate Director, Facilities supports the company operations by maintaining office systems and supervising facilities staff, as well as management of front office activities; including, but not limited to the ongoing logistics of the facility, the receptionist and reception area, facilities assistants processing mail, large purchasing requests, and facilities utilization requests.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintain office services by organizing office operations and procedures; review and approve supply requisitions; and monitor mail logistics.
- Design and implement office policies by establishing standards and procedures; measuring results against standards and making necessary adjustments.
- Is a hand’ s on contributor to team efforts by accomplishing related tasks and delivering results.
- Maintain a high-quality service level by establishing and enforcing organization standards, and objectively measuring quality against those standards.
- Provides vision and strategy for facilities related improvements, including the recommendation of business need, impact and benefit.
- Provide oversight of facilities related capital project improvements, including their scoping and execution, and the management of appropriate subject matter experts, vendors and consultants.
- Responsible for personnel related decisions including performance review and hire/term activities.
- Manage conference rooms, facility and service needs for internal office meetings.
- Responsible for a proactive space planning process that minimizes impact to the organization, including the direct oversight, planning and execution of internal office moves.
- Responsible for ensuring a safe and healthy office environment by designing and implementing security and safety programs, oversight of training and maintaining awareness and readiness.
- Other responsibilities and duties as may be assigned.
- Inspires, influences and coaches others; creates a culture of accountability to translate strategy into actionable results.
- High level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness with strong work ethic and the ability to work independently with minimal direction.
- Effectively lead, manage, coach, and develop others to ensure appropriate successor readiness. Drive performance and accountability through leading and partnering with cross functional teams.
- Champion of Change through supporting the implementation and acceptance of change across the organization.
- Provide leadership to support the company’ s culture, mission and values.
- Ability to instill trust, confidence and respects of sponsors, stakeholders, and external partners while working in a professional manner.
- Drives outstanding performance and gains commitment through developing, coaching, motivating, energizing and inspiring team members.
- Ensures team thrives on change and inspires colleagues to embrace and embed new ways of working.
- Ensures team is focused on achieving results and feels comfortable to challenge and be challenged.
- Actively removes any boundaries to create an environment that promotes and encourages team working across all functions.
- Oversees the quality and appropriateness of the work performed to ensure it delivers measurable business benefits.
- Demonstrate strong leadership qualities including conflict/issue resolution, ability to lead projects.
- Bachelor’ s degree required.
- At least seven years of previous experience in office and facilities management.
- Working knowledge of key regulatory requirements and governing bodies (i.e., OSHA, EPA, FDA, etc.).
- An acute sense of customer centricity, and a service-oriented approach to office/facility management.
- Supervisory experience of both employees and contractors.
- Ability to effectively delegate tasks and responsibilities where appropriate.
- Budget tracking and expense reporting.
- Inventory Control experience.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with an eye for facility’ s needs (i.e. areas in need of repair, etc.).
- Computer literacy, specifically MS Office as well as adaptability in learning additional systems as needed.
- Ability and desire to carry out process improvements and develop standards.
- Ability to lift approximately 15-20 lbs.