Assistant Scientific Researcher
One DNA Way South San Francisco, CA 94080
Our client is a leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions. They are among the world' s leading biotech companies, with multiple products on the market and a promising development pipeline.
- Support the in vivo pharmacology group.
- Responsibilities will include basic animal care tasks, shaving and tagging animals using sterile in vivo techniques, assist with tissue/blood collection, assist SR/SSRs during cell inoculation or data collection procedures (moving cages, filling syringes etc.) and respond independently to health alerts when needed.
- Additional responsibilities for this position focus on general laboratory maintenance duties such as stocking labs, maintaining lab cleanliness, ensuring animal welfare is properly maintained, and working with biohazardous and chemical materials.
- An excellent work ethics, reliability, strong teamwork and communication are critical attributes.
- This job requires the candidate be available to work approximately a Mon-Fri, 9am-6pm shift.
- Candidates must have the flexibility to work overtime, weekends and/or holidays and provide vacation coverage as needed.
- Shift assignments are subject to change as business need requires.
- 1-2 years relevant industry work experience or animal tech certification Proficient in basic rodent in vivo handling, shaving, ear tagging, sterile techniques
- Capable of sample collection techniques (blood/tissues)
- Able to communicate, be flexible, and eager to learn
- Strong work ethics
- Able to work independently or in a team setting
- Must be able to follow procedural instructions
- Comfortable with computers (example, emails, gCal, gDocs) and/or capable of learning necessary computer skills
- Must be able to manage own time so that all tasks for the day are completed within their specified shift.
- Must be willing to work with potentially hazardous materials, be able to lift up to 50 lbs. and be capable of standing, lifting, bending, etc.
- High school or General education degree (GED) ALAT or an animal tech certification AALAS certification preferred Some computer experience is desired.
- Training for assigned duties will be provided.