770 Lindaro St San Rafael, CA 94901
Our client focuses on developing first-in-class and best-in-class therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases.
- The AP Supervisor will provide day to day oversight of the AP Analysts and assist in resolving escalated issues.
- The Supervisor will be responsible for reviewing and reporting on key performance indicators for the AP Team such as: Hold and Aging resolution, Invoice accuracy, Days Payable Outstanding (DPO) measurement and monitoring, Volumes Processed by Analyst and Customer Service timeliness and accuracy.
The Supervisor will have two other major responsibilities:
- Ensuring accurate and timely payments and reviewing and approving Vendor banking details
- Ensure timely payments to Suppliers by meeting quality and timeliness standards. Perform weekly pay run (various payment methods).
- Verify all payments are appropriately processed as planned and assist Analysts in resolving returned or failed payment issues.
- Proactively manage Citibank payments (failed payments and returned payments) and work with GL team on the reconciliation of all failed payments.
- Collaborate with vendor master maintenance team to improve the vendor onboarding process; including review, validation, approval and updating of Vendor banking-related details.
- Provide oversight and general guidance to AP analysts in resolving day to day issues related to Supplier invoices, process or inquiries.
- Ensure Analysts meet internal service level agreements for responding to and resolving internal customer and Supplier inquiries.
- Work with AP Manager to provide input and feedback related to into accuracy and timeliness of invoice processing by our offshore 3rd party provider with input from Analysts.
- Assist Analysts, as requested, in resolving invoice processing exceptions by working with appropriate internal contacts. (i.e. invoices not approved) Make recommendations for overall process improvement of the AP process by investigating industry trends and providing recommendations – this includes collaboration with AP functions in regions outside of the US.
- Review Analysts' manual wire data including: dollar amount and bank account prior to release on the Citibank platform. Log pertinent wire info details into spreadsheet for GL use. Attach relevant back up on the AP shared drive.
- Act in the role of back up to AP Manager for running weekly payments and wire runs.
- Maintain files and documentation accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices. Assist in the documentation of internal AP Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Desk Instructions (DIs), review annually with regional peers and edit for accuracy.
- Collaborate with GL team on the reconciliation of payments status between Oracle and Citibank Provide support for SOx and other internal audits by pulling requested file samples and documentation and participating in walkthroughs of AP processes.
- Assist AP Manager with 1099 filings.
- Participate in small projects as required Make process improvement recommendations.
- Experience with Oracle or SAP, including running and reviewing reports.
- Experience with Banking platforms.
- Expert MS Excel user Working knowledge of general accounting principles.
- Min. 3-5 yr. experience in Accounts Payable, as Supervisor or Coordinator/Analyst Experience in a Multinational company, dealing with multi currency payments.
- Excellent customer service.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and changing environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Suppliers and internal customers
- Associate degree or higher in Business/Accounting preferred.