Systems Specialist IV
1 DNA Way South San Francisco, California 94080 | Contract
Our client is a leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions. They are among the world' s leading biotech companies, with multiple products on the market and a promising development pipeline.
PI system Adminstration SME
OSIsoft PI-System Administrator / SME Consultant
- A skilled OSIsoft PI SME to administer (i.e architect, deploy and support) real-time data solutions built on OSIsoft’ s PI-System.
- The candidate will be responsible for analyzing, proposing and implementing solutions to client challenges with the responsibility for the overall management of real-time data in the overall data management eco-system including performing necessary customizations as well as support of associated custom applications.
- Duties will include the design, implementation and support of PI Systems hosted in our data center and locally on-site. The candidate will use all PI-System components, associated inbound and outbound interfaces, and their interaction with 3rd party business and control systems as well as customizations and supporting apps. The position will require extensive communication and coordination with our business partners and colleagues.
- OSIsoft PI-System Consulting and Support
- Installation / configuration / monitoring of PI-System servers, interfaces & user tools PI-System tag creation / monitoring / maintenance Monitoring / maintenance of PI-System security & deployment of patches PI-System performance optimization, monitoring system health (CPU, RAM, HD space)
- Documenting procedures and best practices
- System administration of Windows Server 2008/ 2003 / 2000 machines
- Troubleshooting system problems
- Deployment of security patches
- Monitoring system health (CPU, RAM, HD Space) Hardware replacement / upgrade System replacement / upgrade Daily monitoring of system, application, security logs
- Ideal Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years’ employment in applications / software support.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as system administrator of OSIsoft PI-System.
- Excellent technical knowledge of OSIsoft PI-System.
- Good technical knowledge of networks and related hardware and software.
- Good technical knowledge of network security.
- Good technical knowledge of TCP/IP protocol.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with Windows system administration (Server 2008 / 2003 / 2000)
- Ability and willingness to travel on an occasional basis.
- Experience in biotech / pharma settings