Systems Logistics Support Specialist I/II
4300 Hacienda Drive Pleasanton, California 94588 | Contract
Our client develops, manufactures and supplies a wide array of innovative medical diagnostic products, services, tests, platforms and technologies.
Systems Logistics Support Specialist I/II for Process & Support Team in Global Development
A Systems Logistics Support Specialist provides a variety of logistical support activities for the Systems Support Team of Engineers and Application Support Specialists -- who service instruments/systems/assays used for Research, Development, and Clinical Operations activities. The Systems Logistics Support Specialist must have excellent attention to detail and be able to follow written procedures. Being a team player is essential since this position interfaces daily with coworkers as well as various functional areas within the organization. The Systems Logistics Support Specialist must be committed to the timely completion of tasks and providing a high degree of customer satisfaction. Position will require some lifting. No travel.
- Assist with data entry for the instrument management database (e.g., record instrument activities such as repairs/maintenance, add updated service contract information, submit requests for changes to instrument status)
- Assist with management of instrument spare part inventory, e.g., receiving inventory, stocking shelves, tracking inventory levels in the inventory management software tool, and shipping spare parts to engineers at external sites. Lifting required < 20 lbs.
- Assist with management of reagent and consumable inventory, e.g., receiving inventory, stocking shelves (room temp and cold room), tracking inventory levels, and shipping items to engineers & application specialists at external sites. Lifting required < 20 lbs.
- Assist with Installation and Operational Qualification (IOQ) documents: obtain IOQ number from TrackWise, assemble documents for execution, route executed documents for approval, and ship approved documents to Records Management for filing (i.e., tracking IOQ documents from start to finish)
- Assist with the tracking/management of in-house instrument qualification (IOQ) status in the instrument management database and posting updated signage on the instrument to identify instrument status (e.g., qualified/not qualified)
- Assist with data entry for equipment non-conformances and exclusions in TrackWise
- Coordinate onsite vendor Field Service Engineer (FSE) visits for instrument repairs/maintenance and meet/escort FSE to the labs with the instruments requiring service
- Assist with the management of calibrated tools to ensure the tools are submitted for calibration on-time
- Assist with the return or disposal of instrument spare parts or computer equipment following internal procedures
- Coordinate the printing of training materials and ship to external sites as needed
- Provide timely and professional customer support at all times
- Be flexible to stop current activities to assist with urgent requests (e.g., shipping packages, preparing/routing IOQ documents)
- Must have prior experience with data entry
- Demonstrated proficiency to learn new skills/software/tools rapidly
- Must have strong attention to detail
- Must be able to consistently follow instructions/procedures
- Must be organized, in order to accommodate changing volume of work
- Must be a self-starter and have initiative to ask questions to clarify scope of work
- Have excellent communication and customer support skills
- Ability to be flexible with changing work priorities and prioritize urgent tasks
- Strong work ethic to get tasks done to support team members
Ideal candidate would have one or more of the following skills/knowledge:
- SQL database experience
- Experience with TrackWise
- Experience with Blue Mountain Regulatory Asset Management database
- Experience with Tableau to create reports and dashboards
- Knowledge of FDA Quality System Requirements (QSR), In Vitro Diagnostics Directive requirements (IVDD), ISO 13485