Staff Relations Associate
One Amgen Center Drive Thousand Oaks, California 91320 | Contract
- Support projects and initiatives for Staff Relations. Types of projects may include: development of standard operating procedures; preparation of performance management tools and templates; creation of reference materials, checklists, and templates for standard employee relations practices and tasks; realignment of electronic document and file storage sites for HR cases; and maintenance of HR case tracking systems and associated metrics and reporting.
- Project responsibilities include but are not limited to: creating and maintaining project plans and timelines, identifying and resolving issues, working with team members to focus the team on critical path activities, and developing and delivering status reports.
- Additional responsibilities may include: doing intake meetings with staff and managers, drafting performance documentation, conducting internal investigations and preparing all required documentation, ensuring management tools are updated with current and accurate information, and developing and recommending solutions to a variety of staff relations issues including managing poor performance and conflict.
- Maintain confidentiality and sensitivity to all issues
- Taking on cases independently within Staff Relations
- Demonstrated Staff Relations case work
- Demonstrated ability to learn and fairly apply company policy and internal HR procedures
- Ability to interact, influence, and build relationships with all levels
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Ability to understand, balance, and articulate both tactical and long-term planning issues
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Ability to prioritize across multiple projects/tasks and handle diverse assignments simultaneously
- Strong verbal and written communication combined with organizational skills and cross-cultural sensitivity
- Ability to conduct research and present findings in an organized manner
- Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment and establish and maintain working relationships with a variety of individuals and groups
- Computer user proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; E-mail (Microsoft Outlook preferred) and Internet