Sr. Windows Systems Administrator
455 Mission Bay Blvd. (South) San Francisco, California 94158 | Contract
Our client is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing a pipeline of drug candidates which are designed to improve the benefits of drugs for patients.
- Defines, designs and implements network communications and solutions using the Windows platform.
- Proposes and implements system enhancements (software and hardware updates) that will improve the performance and reliability of the system.
- Manages the load configuration of a central data communication processor and makes recommendations for purchase or upgrade of data networks.
- Coordinates terminal orders and cable installation, network system planning, upgrading, monitoring, testing and servicing.
- Proactively applies professional concepts to contribute to development of company' s concepts and principles and to achieve objectives in creative and effective way.
- Provides guidance on extremely complex problems in which analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangible variables.
- Exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments.
- Actively researches methods to shorten time, reduce cost or improve quality of a complex process or form.
- Responsible for systems management, corporate images, script writing, and day to day maintenance of Microsoft Windows server hardware and software.
- Architects, maintains, and enhances system management infrastructure for Windows server and coordinates installations of Windows operating systems, related applications, maintenance, and patches.
- Architects, maintains and enhances corporate images for use by help desk and other organizations across the company.
- Installs and configures Linux or Unix based servers as needed to support applications.
- Diagnoses and troubleshoots Windows software and hardware server issues.
- Develops scripts and automated processes (i.e. for software roll-outs and upgrades).
- Defines and documents standards, processes, and procedures for troubleshooting and systems management.
- Responds to complex requests and questions of management and users.
- Responsible for monitoring resources and allocating resources according to availability.
- Works closely with internal customers in a dynamic environment.
- Develops project plans, estimates budgets, and interacts with various internal customers to resolve complex problems during project planning and implementation phases.
- Strong Knowledge and experience working with VOIP Technologies.
- Works on and may lead other projects as assigned.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Systems Engineering, Management Information Systems or relevant discipline is required.
- MCSE 2008/2012 certification preferred.
- Equivalent experience may be accepted.
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant industry experience is required.
- Previous experience working in the Pharmaceutical or Biotechnology industry is preferred.
- Must have extended experience working with the Company's computer operating system(s) and application system such as Windows 2003 - 2016, Exchange 2010/2016 and VMware vSphere.
- Strong knowledge and experience working with IP networking, Firewalls, DNS and/or other Internet technologies is required.
- Strong knowledge and experience working with Linux/Unix Servers is required.
- Working experience with installations, testing and troubleshooting of systems upgrades software patches, and computer applications is required.
- Strong knowledge and experience working with Backup technologies and management.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Solid knowledge and experience of database configurations, administration and installation is required.
- Excellent customer service skills and extended experience with customer service experience is a must.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written are required.
- Excellent organizational skills are required.
- Detail oriented and excellent documentation skills are required.
- Ability to effectively multi task is required. Must have extended project work experience.
- Ability to effectively train others in the group and be an active participant in standards setting and document creation.