Sr Project Mgr
One Amgen Center Drive Thousand Oaks, California 91320 | Contract
The Sr. Project Manager (SPM) independently plans and manages the execution of projects to develop or transfer manufacturing processes and test methods for biopharmaceutical products. Project responsibilities start at the end of Phase 1 studies and end with a regulatory filing or a commercial launch. Usually the project scope includes the development or transfer of large scale manufacturing processes and analytical test methods for DS and DP, and occasionally the design and development of delivery devices.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working closely with the team leads for Drug Substance (DS), Drug Product (DP), and Attribute Science (AS) to ensure projects are planned appropriately, executed in compliance with procedures, and completed on time within the resource constraints.
- Developing detailed MS Project schedules which are based on input from the functional leaders and team members from DS, DP and AS and which reflect the dependencies of the individual tasks. Leveraging MS Project schedules to plan and manage the execution of the projects.
- Partnering with the functional leaders to identify and manage risks and ensure cross functional alignment and accountability throughout the entire project.
- Communicating vertically and horizontally across many levels and functions. Depending on the assigned project the SPM might work with Global Operations Leads, Regulatory Leads, Product Quality Leads, Product Delivery Teams, and other stakeholders.
- Scheduling and moderating cross-functional team meetings and creating meeting minutes that are frequently distributed to SVP level management.
- Establishing and/or managing collaboration and team sites (SharePoint, box, etc).
- Establishing and maintaining project control tools and pro-actively monitoring project progress.
Additional responsibilities (depending on the assigned project):
- Planning, preparing, and facilitating functional and cross-functional management reviews.
- Providing guidance for project teams to identify the best approach to complete projects on time, to overcome obstacles, or to react to scope, resource, or timeline changes.
- Traveling to other facilities or external partners as needed.
Required experiences and skills:
- 4+ years of hands-on Project Management experience including
- New product development projects
- Development or transfer of drug manufacturing processes within the Biopharmaceutical or Pharmaceutical industry.
- Strong MS Project skills
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
In addition the position requires:
- Ability to self-start and independently manage product development projects within Biotechnology.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, rapidly changing technology environment, and to manage activities from DS, DP, and AS simultaneously.
- Ability to foster collaboration and work effectively on cross-functional teams.
- Experienced with MS Office.
- Very good verbal and written communication skills as well as good interpersonal skills