Sr Project Mgr
One Amgen Center Drive Thousand Oaks, California 91320 | Contract
- Biotech experience
- Excellent project management skills / IS projects
- Knowledge of Oracle PLM
Responsible for overall coordination, status reporting and stability of project-oriented work efforts. Establishes and implements project management processes and methodologies for the IT community to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards and meet customer expectations. Responsible for assembling project plans and teamwork assignments, directing and monitoring work efforts on a daily basis, identifying resource needs, performing quality review; and escalating functional, quality, timeline issues appropriately. Responsible for tracking key project milestones and adjusting project plans and/or resources to meet the needs of customers. Coordinates communication with all areas of the enterprise that impacts the scope, budget, risk and resources of the work effort being managed. Assists Program Manager(s) in partnering with senior management of the business community to identify and prioritize opportunities for utilizing IT to achieve the goals of the enterprise. Must possess extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of project management methodologies and tools, resource management practices and change management techniques. This is a management role with human resource management responsibilities (e.g., hiring, performance management). Manages one or more cross-functional projects of medium to high complexity. More senior role has responsibility for multiple large, complex projects with greater impact to the enterprise.
This role will be supporting the AFP: IS for Process Development Program. Specifically, the Product Lifecycle Mgmt (PLM) project. Specific responsibilities include:
- Assist workstream leads coordinate activities - provide PM support within workstream
- Coordinate team connections between SMEs, IS Support and team members
- Create weekly dashboards to share progress
- Schedule meeting and update dashboards from workstream leads
- Identifying risks, issues and actions within work packages around handoffs
- Track goals/progress against goals and status
- Update tracker - progress/status of data being captured/migrated in PLM - how many PTDs, BOMs etc.