Sr Project Mgr
One Amgen Center Drive Thousand Oaks, California 91320 | Contract
Manages one or more high-level, complex IS projects within the constraints of scope, quality, time, and cost, to deliver specified requirements. Projects may be strategic in nature and include managing multiple stakeholders.
- Oversight of project health, resource allocation and all phases of development life cycle (i.e. feasibility study, requirements, analysis, ROI, business plan, design, testing, and implementation planning).
- Regularly interacts with management. Coordinates and directs the activities of project team members.
- Ensures all project requirements and/or objectives are documented and delivered.
- Responsible for proactively managing project risk and dependencies; responsible for actively managing project financials.
- Expertise in running large scale projects
- Excellent understanding of project management processes and procedures
- Experience with project management and analyst methodologies and best practices ; strong analytical skills
- Business process development best practices, managing project resources and financials
- Strong MS Project, MS Word, Visio, MS PowerPoint and MS Excel skills
- Understanding of systems for sharing and collaboration
- Excellent communication skills to work with cross-program resources
- Experience executing Agile projects is preferred.
- Experience delivering COTS IS solutions is desired.
- Experience in Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) implementations a plus