Sr Program Leader
One Amgen Center Drive Thousand Oaks, California 91320 | Contract
The role involves defining marketing and user requirements, service design and strategic planning, and supports global marketing in identifying and developing competitive customer experiences across multiple therapy areas.
Working within a highly regulated pharmaceutical arena, team members are building new organizational capabilities. The Strategic Design Senior Manager is in the Design Strategy area and has primary responsibility to liaise with marketing teams on launch and inline assets. The strategic role will guide an insight-based approach to identify and prioritize opportunities (country-by-country and globally) that aim to deliver improved outcomes. Once opportunities have been prioritized, the role supervises the prototyping and testing of concepts to ensure the diverse needs of patients, physicians, and healthcare professionals are addressed. Deliverables include viable options for commercialization as well as clear and actionable marketing requirements for selected concepts.
The role involves communication with a range of stakeholders. Responsible for the quality of multiple and concurrent projects with critical deadlines, the Strategic Designer will quickly adjust priorities and methods as needed. The Strategic Designer clearly defines program objectives and deliverables as well as troubleshoots potential risks.
- Drive leadership of projects, managing inside and outside resources
- Thought partnership for identifying best-in-class customer support opportunities
- Lead analysis for insight creation and relevant patient journey frameworks
- Translate insights into solutions
- Manage projects and initiatives set forth in the annual plan
- Manage multiple projects with critical deadlines
- Manage external vendors’ onboarding, relationships, and quality of results
- Partner cross-functionally to develop and implements project briefs
- Quickly adjust to address ever-changing business challenges
- Manages allocated project funding and budget, and coordinates with Global Marketing Budget Coordinator for invoicing and purchase order, track invoices and payments for certain contracted entities such as consultants for aggregate spend reporting as needed.
- Liaise with Marketing Managers, Compliance, Contracting, and Global Strategic Sourcing, and Contracted entities to ensure all pertinent forms, attestations and evaluations are completed and processed in a timely manner
This role will require travel (20%)
Doctorate degree & 2 years of marketing and/or strategic design/planning experience OR
Master’ s degree & 4 years of marketing and/or strategic design/planning experience OR
Bachelor’ s degree & 6 years of marketing and/or strategic design/planning experience
- 5+ years of experience with strategic design/planning experience
- 2+ years experience within the pharmaceutical or healthcare industry addressing chronic illness
- Familiarity and interest in insight-driven service design solutions
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally, experience producing business results, and outstanding organizational skills.
- Excellent visual, written, and verbal communications skills.
- Inquisitive mind and inspiration to others.
- Previous experience developing and communicating business strategy
- Proven ability to proactively problem-solve in a matrix environment
- Proven management experience with projects & vendors
- Experience working with patients and HIPAA