One Amgen Center Drive Thousand Oaks, California 91320 | Contract
The qualified candidate will support technical teams to ensure successful device development of these mechanical and electro-mechanical medical devices. The Sr. Engineer will work closely with team members to develop detailed engineering specifications, device design & development, support verification, validation, and regulatory submissions of these devices. The role of the Sr. Engineer is to work within a cross-functional organization to utilize technologies and methodologies that support short-cycle robust device development.
- Work cross-functionally with individuals and project teams in Marketing, Operations, and Development
- Create and assess product requirements to determine technical coverage and proper integration different subsystems.
- Create and execute to project plans and schedules
- Develop, execute, and review architecture documents, design documents, specifications, development plans, characterization plan, verification and validation plans and other related product development documents for assigned projects.
- Provide deep technical assistance for junior engineers.
- BS in Engineering and previous experience in a medical device industry
- 5-7 years current experience with engineering processes and procedures.
- Led projects from development through the 510k and PMA approval process.
- Strong background in engineering and commercialization of electro-mechanical medical devices.
- Experience with material & test specs generation, protocol & report writing, process & test development, prototyping, design verification, DOE/SPC process optimization & validation (IQ, OQ, PQ), FMEA.
- Product design/development (design control) from concept to post product launch for Europe (EMEA/CE Mark) & US (FDA/PMA/510k) submissions.
- Experience in drug/device combination product design and development
- Familiar with the following standards:
- Quality System Regulation 21CFR820
- Risk Management ISO 14971
- EU Medical Device requirements Council Directive 93/42/EEC Medical Electrical Equipment EN 60601
- Small scale device assembly experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Strong problem solving, risk assessment, and risk management skills.
- Must be capable of working on multiple projects in a deadline driven environment.
VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: Qualified candidates with either a strong Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, OR Systems/Software Engineering background need apply and will be considered!