Sr Associate Contracts & Pricing
One Amgen Center Drive Thousand Oaks, California 91320 | Contract
Key member of the Contract and Pricing Operations team within Trade Pricing and Contract Management. This position is primarily responsible for ensuring company’ s contracted customers are correctly aligned to contract pricing and receive the correct contracted discount through processing daily GPO membership data and daily wholesaler charge back data and conducting appropriate analyses.
Top 3 skills:
- Attention to detail
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize appropriately and balance multiple competing priorities
- Ability to work with financial transactions and reconcile large sets of data
- Process contract, membership and charge back data on a daily basis.
- QA/QC data entered and received.
- Analyze and resolve discrepancies related to customer information, contract alignment and eligibility, pricing, etc.
- Ensure compliance with operational guidelines established by the Government Pricing sub-certification and SOX process controls.
- Effectively communicate with customers, wholesalers, and several internal departments as needed to ensure accuracy.
- Position operates within a fast-paced environment, and the ideal candidate will possess the ability to take initiative, resolve complex contract and pricing issues, work independently and exercise appropriate business judgment.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Participation in ad-hoc special projects within Channel Management and Contract Operations.
- Interaction and strong communication with segment team members including, pricing, contract operations, contract development, contract compliance and GCOIS is essential.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree highly preferred
- Advanced degree a plus
- 4+ years experience (6 or more a plus) in Sales & Marketing or Finance
- Demonstrated track record of increasing responsibility
- Required Competencies and Skills Knowledge
- Very strong computer & M/S Office skills. Develops spreadsheets models for moderately complex financial analyses.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Delivers formal presentations. Communicates effectively within department. Problem Solving
- High attention to detail/reporting accuracy, while also able to focus on the overall problem/solution
- Translates high volumes of data into meaningful information to support key business decisions
- Identifies and implements process improvement opportunities
- Complex problem solving capability that identifies problems within the department and develops solutions from a strategic and operational perspective autonomy
- Completes projects and makes decisions with minimal direction and strong ability to develop prioritization and completion time frames for multiple assignments
- Self-motivates and owns a project from inception to completion
- Thinks strategically (can see the big picture) while delivering results at the appropriate level of detail
- Tolerance of ambiguous situations contribution
- Strong presentation skills
- Can effectively articulate and influence a meeting outcome with TPCM attendees with some managerial support
- Team player, looks for ways to support team members
- Effectively represents their team in a complex matrix organization with cross-functional groups within TPCM and support functions
- Strong project management skills and leads projects as required
- Interprets and applies regulations associated with relevant legal issues
- Provides analyses and recommendations to support decisions by team management