Sr Associate Business Analysis & Info
One Amgen Center Drive Thousand Oaks, CA 91320
Researches competitor clinical trials, marketing programs and strategies through internal and external data sources. Analyzes and documents the research findings into Competitive Intelligence (CI) reports (e.g., competitive landscapes, competitor profiles, clinical trial activities) for product teams. Helps prepare materials for the strategy games. Attends medical conferences to gather information. Skills: biotech industry experience; MS Office; strong analytical skills
Top 3 Mush Have Skill Sets:
- Clinical trial understanding
- Science education
- Experience in consulting/and/or data analytics for pharmaceuticals/healthcare. Actual healthcare industry experience would be preferred.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Synthesize information from multiple sources to develop strategic insights and point of view on key competitive developments, implications to the company and actions they must take.
- Work in a highly cross functional manner and manage changing priorities across several key customers.
- Develop productive relationships with global Product Teams to define business problems and develop integrated analysis plans based on best practice methodologies.
- Apply structured problem solving to collect, analyze and report CI, incorporating primary and secondary data sources to generate actionable insights.
- Articulate and educate customers on the relevant impact of changing market dynamics (i.e. reimbursement environment, biosimilar regulations, general environmental factors, etc…) to their business from a CI perspective.
- Organize and facilitate strategic exercises & competitive simulations to generate competitive insights and company plans.
- Coordinate and facilitate CI collection efforts at major medical conferences/congresses.
- Manage a network of primary data sources, including vendors and internal employees, to enable effective project execution.
- Assess the reliability of CI research findings, maintaining high standards for accuracy, relevance, and quality in deliverables at all times and communicate level of evidence to stakeholders.
- Present on a regular basis in-depth analyses and summaries of results, interpreting and communicating results with recommendations to brand/business stakeholders.
- Educate the value and importance of CI to new employees (sales, RML, BAI, marketing) and maintain a strong position of coaching/promoting CI through daily efforts.
- Work to grow competitive intelligence/strategy to support other functions in the organization.
- Some travel may be required. All activities must abide by and strictly enforce CI Legal and Ethical Guidelines with internal stakeholders and agencies.