Sr Administrative Associate
1 DNA Way South San Francisco, California 94080 | Contract
Our client is a leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions. They are among the world' s leading biotech companies, with multiple products on the market and a promising development pipeline.
- Provide accurate and effective administrative support Managers within the group, and coordinate administrative duties with other Administrative Associates to provide seamless support for the group.
- Identify and anticipate needs of the group and plan work activities accordingly.
- Look for areas of activity overlap with co-workers and leverage resources to maximize time, resources and dissemination of information.
- Manage multiple schedules with heavy calendaring of complex meetings.
- Arrange, coordinate and support meetings, events, and activities both on and off-site.
- Generate, disseminate and maintain documents and information.
- Develop, implement and evaluate department work processes and procedures.
- Manage deadlines related to business planning as well as other special projects.
- Collaborate with Admin team to support complex projects and deadlines
- General office responsibilities include but not limited to: Schedule and coordinate staff onsite/offsite meetings, create and prepare presentation materials, assist with special projects, schedule travel for staff, process payment and expense reports, maintain files, order department office supplies, maintain photocopying equipment, order catering and other supplies for a variety of meetings and events, greet visitors, disseminate information, fully utilize PC and software applications.
- Ensure compliance with policies Integrate and facilitate communication with individuals, the team, the department and other functions across the company
- Attend and actively participate at staff level meetings as required, coordinate/publish agenda and minutes from meetings
- Integrate and actively participate in administrative associate team meetings and projects as requested
- The ideal candidate will succeed not just by completing tasks, but by proactively working to maximize the effectiveness of the managers and other administrative\associates in the group.
- Provide judgment in sensitive, confidential and complex information.
- Flexibility to take direction on projects from team and co-workers and work projects yet demonstrate autonomy in managing time and priorities.
- Proactive problem solving and decision-making within agreed parameters.
- Customer service orientation.
- Demonstrated successful experience indicating attention to detail, ability to work independently and in teams, strong follow up skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Individual must possess strong, positive interpersonal skills and have the ability to work with diverse individuals.
- Must be willing and able to handle large volume of routine work, as well as more challenging projects and provide a consistently accurate work product
- Strong administrative technical skills with attention to detail.
- Four years previous senior level administrative experience, with the ability to type a minimum of 60 w.p.m.
- Strong PC computer skills utilizing MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, e-mail, Corporate Time Calendar. Excellent written and verbal skills
- BA or equivalent experience