Specialist Business Analyst
One Amgen Center Drive Thousand Oaks, California 91320 | Contract
- Leverage experience to take responsibility for and manage projects and client relationships, drive business and strategy development and direct multiple projects simultaneously.
- Utilizing analytic and project management skills to motivate, coach and serve as a role model for project team members.
- Provide thought leadership and innovation within projects and across practice areas.
- Establishing and maintaining positive business relationships with managers and client base, as well as, consistently demonstrating a thorough understanding of the customer' s business, their processes and priorities, while using ' state-of-the-art' techniques to ensure that system and business cohesiveness meet current and future requirements.
- Partnering with the Process Development, Operations and Quality (POQ) Project Management Office to support business case rationalizations for process improvement opportunities.
- Gain an understanding of the current business process to support day-to-day operations and obtain an understanding of the ' to-be' business process and assist in the alignment of technology to facilitate these business processes.
- Proactively seeking opportunities to broaden and deepen knowledge of new business process analyses and looks to share newly acquired tools, skills and software with team members through formal and informal channels.
- Developing conclusions and make recommendations on a variety of moderately complex issues. Preparing prepare complex documentation impacting major projects, maintain and demonstrate knowledge of resources throughout multiple department/functional areas, facilitate process mapping sessions for highly complex, multi-functional business processes and demonstrate advanced communication techniques in the facilitation of conflict resolution and presentation skills.
- Create and maintain processes for internal management of work and website for organizing and sharing completed work.
- Understanding how to elicit and translate business requirements into associated process maps and business models.
- Willingness and aptitude for mentoring other business analysts within the Quality Organization
- Conducting business analysis across all sites (including business partners and affiliates)
- Experience of business process analysis
- Business analysis consulting experience
- Experience as a participating team member on major business process improvement initiatives in the pharmaceutical industry
- Strong reporting and analysis skills
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Demonstrates an urgency to achieve goals and can be relied upon to deliver results
- Ability to handle varying amounts of information, distill key points drawing practical conclusions translating into a strong business case and clear business requirements
- Superior interviewing skills
- Excellent communication skills: oral, written, presentation, facilitation and interpersonal
- Maintain and build client relationships
- Negotiate with and influence clients to achieve optimal business results
- Ability to effectively work with others with a diversity of communication styles and technical areas of expertise
- Demonstrates the ability to lead the planning, design and implementation of projects
- Computer knowledge/skills with the following: Windows XP, Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Visio (versions 2000 or higher); strong working knowledge of large format plotter printers and related software
This person will analyze multiple sets of complex data. They will triangulate data into simple and understanding graphs and analytics within PowerPoint.
2+ years in the clinical supply chain space OR
5+ years of PM/Analytics experience without experience in clinical supply chain