Senior Manager/ AD Event Planner
701 Gateway Blvd. South San Francisco, CA 94080
Primary Objective of Position
The AD/Sr. Manager, will collaborate with cross functional team including Marketing, Sales and Medical Affairs to ensure flawless execution of Company’ s Medical Congress/conference and sales meeting strategy. The Event Planner participates actively in Company’ s conference and meeting efforts and will be instrumental in defining overall meeting success.
- Leads the organization and coordination of Company Commercial and Medical Affairs representation at major medical conferences
- Create alignment amongst cross functional team on strategy and opportunities at conferences
- Collaborate with Sales Management to organize and manage national and regional sales meetings
- Coordinate and execute on agendas, timelines and action items to ensure events are successful
- Coordination and execution of the conference/meeting registration, housing and ad hoc meeting requests for participants
- Coordinates the shipping, receiving and construction of booth, meeting supplies, signage and equipment
- Evaluate and recommend vendors and venues according to industry standards and stakeholder requirements
- On site for execution and management of on-site meetings and events
- Budget responsibility may include initiating purchase orders, check requests, honorariums and generating monthly reports on expenditures against budget
- Produces pre-event preparation communications and post-event analysis including event metrics.
- Interacts regularly with key stakeholders. Understands their requirements for various events and takes a pro-active approach to accomplish tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated excellence in events management/planning/coordination, negotiating vendor contracts, and managing vendors
- Ability to manage multiple, simultaneous, complex projects
- Customer service focus and history of establishing effective working relationships with a diverse range of internal and external key stakeholders
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to self direct projects and work with little supervision.
- Demonstrated values-based skills and strong work ethic.
Education & Professional Experience
Bachelor’s degree in business, science or related field.
- 5-8 years of experience working with oncology markets in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry with three plus years experience in event planning/management.
- Vendor management with prior experience with event logistics vendors required.
- Experience with or exposure to both US and ex-US commercial and medical affairs requirements.
- Experience in oncology preferred.