Scientist II/Sr. Scientist
4300 Hacienda Drive Pleasanton, California 94588 | Contract
The Scientist II/Sr. Scientist will be a member of the reagent development team in Pleasanton for the development of CE-IVD/IVD products for use on next-generation sequencing systems. The successful candidate will develop and implement R&D strategies for related NGS applications including nucleic acid extraction, DNA quantification, library preparation, sequencing, and data analysis.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- The successful candidate should have a background in molecular biology and human disease related fields, with hands-on experience designing, optimizing and validating multiplex PCR or NGS based products.
- IVD/CE-IVD product development experience is highly desirable including working under design control regulations and GMP laboratory conditions.
- Knowledge of next-generation sequencing based workflows including target enrichment, library preparation, and data analysis is preferred.
- Experience of automated lab instruments is a plus
- The individual will work under manager supervision to plan and conduct hands-on laboratory experiments independently, and apply advanced scientific knowledge to complete projects.
- Demonstration of strong writing skills is preferred.
- Recommends innovative approaches, and/or expansion or curtailment of investigations based on experimental data or new scientific information arising from area of responsibility. Assumes responsibility for timely completion of projects, and responds appropriately to changing priorities.
- Ensures technical activities under manager supervision are conducted within internal and external guidelines and regulations. Interacts with other departments to further project goals.
- Accurately and consistently records experimental methods, materials and results in electronic laboratory notebooks.
- Analyzes data, evaluates results, forms conclusions, and determines future experiments.
- May presents findings or comprehensive project status reviews at internal seminars and department meetings. Applies advanced technical writing skills to produce reports and documents. Prepares summaries, internal reports, presentations, manuscripts, etc.
• Required Bachelor’ s degree in Biological/Life Sciences, Chemistry, Biochemistry or related field.
• Experience in assay design, optimization, validation, experimental design, data analysis, and data and concept presentation.
• Required 3-7 years relevant industry experience.