2841 Scott Boulevard Santa Clara, California 95050 | Contract
Our client develops, manufactures and supplies a wide array of innovative medical diagnostic products, services, tests, platforms and technologies.
- The Scientist will provide scientific excellence and guidance in sample preparation for the nanopore platform.
- The candidate will contribute to the optimization and development of sample preparation protocols that enable sequencing-based assays in a wide variety of applications.
Overview of duties:
- Optimize workflows and reaction conditions for library and sequencing preparation protocols, to meet system performance specifications.
- Perform hands-on assay development in a fast-paced environment.
- Perform analysis of experimental results.
- Characterize assays on the Nanopore sequencing platform.
- Work using best laboratory practices, maintaining well-organized and concise records of worked performed and results.
- DNA extraction/purification, and analysis methods.
- Knowledge of PCR assays, design and implementation Gel electrophoresis and nucleic acid quantification methods.
- Outstanding lab bench skills and trouble shooting capability.
- Excellent analytical skills and demonstrated critical thinking.
- Meticulous attention to detail, excellent written and electronic record keeping skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Team-oriented, in close parallel with the strong ability to also work independently.
- Industry experience with product development processes (PDP).
- Hands-on industry experience in various molecular biology methods.
- Experience working with nucleic acids, enzymes and proteins.
- Familiarity with bead-based purification methods NGS library prep, and sequencing experience.
- Background in bioinformatics or programming languages such as Python Agilent Bioanalyzer, Nanodrop, Qubit, or liquid handler experience.
- BS in Mol Bio, Biochemistry, Biology, Microbiology, Bioengineering or related fields.