4300 Hacienda Drive Pleasanton, California 94588 | Contract
Our client develops, manufactures and supplies a wide array of innovative medical diagnostic products, services, tests, platforms and technologies.
The NGS workflow controls and references team develops orthogonal control and reference methods for the assay development team. Identifies and tests cutting edge reagents, technologies or protocols that are supporting the development of products in Oncology, Genetics, Infectious Disease and Automation/Sample Preparation. Areas of interest include short and long read sequencing technologies, low input and difficult sample preparation methods and creating integrated workflows. Candidates must be able to work in a collaborative, exciting, and fast-paced team environment. Also responsible for operating and maintaining equipment, interacting with LIMS databases, completing projects in a timely fashion, research and development, and giving presentations at weekly meetings.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Operation of different genomics analysis technologies such as next-gen sequencing, microarrays, real time PCR and ancillary equipment for quality control and validation.
- Develops, validates, and applies methods for various genomics methods mainly focused on sequencing.
- Processes include nucleic acid isolation and quantification, PCR amplification, library preparation, plate normalizations and.
- Working with senior personnel, performs early development activity to create new workflows that are robust, cost-effective and time efficient.
- Collaborates with R&D to transfer new assays and methods to automation platforms.
- Works closely with IT group and instrument vendors to develop and implement automated workflows.
- Accurately and consistently records experimental methods, materials and results in electronic laboratory notebooks. Analyzes data, evaluates results, forms conclusions, and determines future experiments.
- Presents findings or comprehensive project status reviews at internal/external seminars/meetings. Applies advanced technical writing and graphical skills to produce reports and documents. Prepares summaries, reports, presentations, manuscripts, etc.
- Presents early development work including scientific background information and project updates at internal staff meetings and at cross-functional team meetings.
- Determines all chemicals, reagents and supplies needed for a project; develops a strong knowledge of all related third-party vendors and their technologies and products.
- Establishes and maintains productive relationship with personnel in development; orients and trains new Research Technicians and peers as needed.
Education and Experience:
- Molecular Biology background. Biochemistry or Immunology background with strong knowledge of Molecular Biology
- Experience performing next-generation sequencing methods (Exome, whole genome, RNA sequencing) a plus.
- Good communication skills
- Bachelor of Science with a minimum of 2 years of lab experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience in molecular biology methods
- Next-generation sequencing using Illumina instruments such as HiSeq, Nextseq, MiSeq
- Library preparation for Next-gen sequencing.
- Experience with short and/or long read sequencing technology