Research Technician I
1 DNA Way South San Francisco, California 94080 | Contract
Our client is a leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions. They are among the world' s leading biotech companies, with multiple products on the market and a promising development pipeline.
- Support and/or lead cell culture experiments.
- This is a lab-intensive role in which primary activities include cleaning, prepping, sampling, batching, monitoring and harvesting bioreactors along with data analysis.
- Author and/or review internal technical documents.
- Contribute to cell culture technology development projects.
- May interact with Quality, Regulatory, and Manufacturing organizations.
- May act as a representative in multidisciplinary project teams and present data when necessary.
- Act as a resource within the department in a recognized area of technical expertise.
- Prior experience working in cell culture process development is required, including process and media optimization in small scale systems including shaker flasks and bench-scale bioreactors.
- Knowledge of basic cell culture techniques, technical transfer, process characterization/validation, and GMP is preferred.
- The position requires a highly motivated, independent, detail oriented team player.
- Good organization, initiative, and a collaborative attitude are essential.
- BS or MS in Biology, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or similar with a minimum of 1-2 years bio/pharmaceutical process development experience; knowledge of Current Good Manufacturing Procedures compliance a plus.
- The position requires strong leadership, collaboration, communications, prioritization, and problem solving skills.