660 East Grand Avenue South San Francisco, CA 94080
Our client is a leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions. They are among the world' s leading biotech companies, with multiple products on the market and a promising development pipeline.
- The Senior Research Associate develops, optimizes, validates and implements immunoassays to measure therapeutic drug levels, to detect and characterize anti-therapeutic immune responses, to measure biomarkers, and/or to generate in vitro characterization data in support of pre-clinical and clinical studies.
- This will involve manual laboratory work, the use of automation systems and various assay platforms, and participation in compliance and safety related activities.
- All RAs in ADT are expected to contribute to departmental activities, laboratory upkeep and maintenance, and they may also be expected to help train colleagues.
- This proactive individual works in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of autonomy to design experiments, interpret data and troubleshoot technical problems, write and review technical reports, and present and interpret data at cross-functional project team meetings.
- This individual is expected to become a resource for a recognized area of technical expertise within the department.
- This individual may also be expected to mentor more junior Research Associates, to lead the investigation and assessment of new technologies, and/or represent BAS on cross-functional teams, as well as lead cross-functional technical teams.
- Familiarity with biochemistry, cellular and molecular biological methods is essential, along with a track record of solving complex bioanalytical problems.
- Experience with developing ELISAs and/or immunochemistry is an advantage.
- A practical knowledge and understanding of standard laboratory procedures and computerized data handling is also essential.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal, multi-tasking and organizational skills are required.
- This individual should be able to work autonomously as well as with a group, handle multiple projects, and demonstrate initiative and creativity.
- B.S. or M.S. in Biological Sciences or equivalent with 5 – 8 years hands-on laboratory experience in industry developing bioanalytical methods.