Research Associate IV
1 DNA Way South San Francisco, CA 94080 | Contract
Our client is a leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions. They are among the world' s leading biotech companies, with multiple products on the market and a promising development pipeline.
- We seek an outstanding candidate to join Small Molecule Analytical Chemistry and Quality Control in the department of Small Molecule Pharmaceutical Sciences.
- Responsibilities include the development of chromatographic (HPLC and GC) methods, compound characterization, supporting the development of formulations and manufacturing processes, contribution to problem solving, technical reports, documenting data, and interaction with project teams in a highly cross-functional environment.
- BS/MS/PhD in a relevant scientific discipline (analytical chemistry or organic chemistry preferred) with a minimum of 2 years of professional working experience in analytical chemistry.
- Professional experience in chromatography method development (HPLC and/or GC) is essential.
- Experience in method development specifically for the analysis of pharmaceuticals is strongly preferred.
- Candidates must have good theoretical knowledge of analytical and organic chemistry.
- Mass spectrometry experience is a plus.
- The position requires excellent organizational and communication skills, demonstrated ability to work independently with sound scientific judgement, and the ability to work as part of a team.
- BS/MS/PhD in a relevant scientific discipline (analytical chemistry or organic chemistry preferred)