Research Associate III
1 DNA Way South San Francisco, California 94080 | Contract
Our client is a leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions. They are among the world' s leading biotech companies, with multiple products on the market and a promising development pipeline.
Sr. Research Associate Immuno Oncology
- The Department of Translational Oncology is seeking a highly motivated Senior Research Associate to join a group of researchers evaluating novel therapies in the field of cancer immunotherapy.
- The candidate will explore mechanism of action, combinatorial therapeutic strategies, and elucidate biomarkers to support the identification of companion diagnostics that are predictive of therapeutic response.
- The successful candidate will work closely with discovery scientists to advance research stage programs into early clinical development, providing both scientific and technical expertise.
Who You Are
- Applicants should have at least a MS degree in immunology, oncology, biology or related field. PhD strongly preferred.
- The position requires a minimum of 8 years of hands-on relevant experience with a track record of success as evidenced by a strong publication record, and/or, evidence of sustained contributions in the biopharmaceutical industry.
- You must have demonstrated expertise of a wide range of cellular and biochemical assays, including cell isolation and culture, molecular biology, flow cytometry, cellular immunology assays and familiarity with in vivo models of immune disease or oncology are required.
- It is essential that you have excellent communication skills, can present research at intra- and inter-departmental meetings, and work effectively as part of a team.
- Experience in Cytof and/or high dimensional flow cyotmetric analysis is highly desirable.
- Qualified candidates should be adept at independently designing, executing and interpreting experiments.